Youngest Partakers

by Smiles 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Smiles
    Smiles

What is the youngest partakers that you know of? And what became of them?

Other than those children who just wanted to know what the emblems taste like... LOL

• joelbear
    joelbear

I know one partaker who is in his late 40's. He is a friend of mine that has been at Bethel for years and years. He started partaking sometime after he arrived at Bethel.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

One guy I knew as a JW had been partaking since at least the late 1960's. I assume he still does. I don't know how old he is, but I'd guess he's about 10 years older than me. That would make him about 60 now, but back 30+ years ago, that means he was partaking at around age 30, or possibly even younger.

• badwillie
    badwillie

OK, ready....

Woman who studied with my mother: (age: 81)

My mother: age 57

My aunt: age: 53

My mother's close friend: age 47

My mother's other close friend (and former student): age 45

Another student of my mother: age 45

These are all females living in the Philadelphia area.

Ridiculous!!!!!!

• Funchback
    Funchback

badwillie-
    I know most, if not all, of those sisters that you speak about.

Talk about six degrees of separation...

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I have an interesting story for you.

We had the Memorial one year when I was still an active Dub and of course the bread and wine are passed around to everyone. (even though 99.999% do not partake)

Well I suppose it was a joke or prank between a couple of kids but to the horror of everyone present a little boy (I'm guessing between ages 8-10, family of "interested ones", not active JW's) was passed the wine (and expected to pass it along quickly) and he drank the entire glass! (only a mouthful in the cup to begin with)

I mean it was already quiet in the Kingdumb Hall but after that all eyes were on him and his family.

After that his mother took him to the bathroom and beat the shit out of him. You could hear the boy wailing and crying throughout the entire building.

So much for a glaring example of Christian love towards children who may not understand the reason they were dressed uncomfortably in suits and forced to sit for an hour and listen to some guy talk with 4 prayers in between while they pass around food no one eats.

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 16 December 2002 13:59:37

• Funchback
    Funchback

That's ridiculous, Reborn.

Hey, hopefully the wine took off some of the pain of the beating.

• spec
    spec

Has anybody seem a partaker from a under developed country

• bay64me
    bay64me

About 5 years ago, there was a 30ish year old mother of a couple of children in my circuit that claimed thay she was annointed.

I never met her, at least she would have been at the assemblies that I attended but not being in my cong I don't know much about her.

I get the feeling that she may have been discredited somewhat. Certainly, the person that "brought me in" (as it were), when making mention of this lady,whilst maintaining loyalty to the organisation by being non-judgmental and trying to convey the impression that jehovah will sort it out in his due time,wore a kind of nofuckinchance expression on her face!

• benext
    benext

We had two young ones. In the early 70's a bethelite Mike Galloway had to be in the mid-twenties started partaking. He left Bethel shortly afterward to get married and we never heard anything more about him. In the 80's there was another brother in his twenties who was a MS and partook. The PO and another elder had him in the back questioning him. He later recanted. He Iives in Texas and keeps in touch with an elderly sister here on occasion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit