Only the strong survive

by Lady Lee 14 Replies latest watchtower medical

• ballistic
    ballistic

"Lets half survive" ... The Fast Show

Ballistic *thriving class*

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Excellent post. So very true. I often consider myself the walking wounded; dead woman walking; on auto cos each new pain brings up the past and makes one relive it on a new level each time. But I'm still here. I'm still getting back on the horse despite bruises. And amazingly, I'm not bitter,despite deep scars. I can still love.

I do understand that some people cannot 'go there'. The limit is solidified in their minds much like I thought mine was when my marriage fell apart. Too painful to touch. It would be touching an insanity that would make our childhood boogymen seem like cartoon characters. Unfortuneatly, one can only tame that 'beast' by touching it and moving thru it, and it does take an awful lot of a certain something.

I've always loved this quote: One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time. (andre gide)

And that is what growing is like - away from shore, non-swimmer amongst the sharks, but simply refusing to give up or give in - no matter where the pain originated.

hugs,

Mimilly

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

(((((((((((((Mimilly))))))))))))

I've missed you. I'm glad you are a strong survivor.

Thank you Lady Lee for this wonderful thread.

Hugs,

j2bf

• Shakita
    Shakita

Lady Lee,

Thanks for that excellent post. Stepping into the unknown is initially terrifying, but ultimately, if we stick with it, we become stronger persons. Watchtower instilled fear, paranoia, and hysteria is hard to overcome. I would rank it up there with a severe phobia. Many hang on to the WT because it is warm, cozy, and comfortable. They don't want to risk going into the cold outside world. We frequently underestimate our own strength. Our fears are never as monstrous in reality as the fears we conjure up in our minds that are imaginary. What we thought was a weakness was actually our strength. We all have chosen to give up the WT and lifelong friends and family because we cherish the freedom that is rightfully ours. We have all suffered mentally, emotionally, physically, and spiritually at the hands of the WT, but when we finally make the decision to strike out on our own, eventually we heal and become a whole person, strengthened by our resolve to never let another person dominate and destroy our lives.

Mr. Shakita

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Mr Shakita thank you for your excellent post

As I was reading your post I thought of the pilgrims who left Europe in search of freedom - many in search of religious freedom. They left family and friends - everything that was familiar and ventured into a really new world - one only told of in stories. No TV images to help them see what they were getting into - going off into a wild untamed country - what courage to take that step onboard a ship that until not too long before the world believed would sail off the edge of the flat world.

And what about the early settlers who also left the east coast and boarded wagon trains leaving their families behind so find freedom somewhere in the west. Not knowing where they would stop and hoping they would not be attacked by wild animals or worse. Off they went to find a new world.

One more comes to mind - space explorers. What must have those men been thinking who went to the moon. Talk about stepping into the unknown!!!

Some of us are physically stepping into the unknown when we leave the WTS. But emotionally, psychologically and spiritually we are all stepping into the unknown

Bravo to all those to dare to take that step into the unknown in the hopes that life can be better

edited because I keep forgetting to use spell check

Edited by - Lady Lee on 21 December 2002 12:25:27

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit