Being a JW has made me bitter

by mamashel 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Voyager
    Voyager

Remember that you are not alone. Even if you are by yourself, you have a family. We are family, all of us ,together helping and showing the most important fruitage of the spirit, (LOVE). Reaching out to others, when we ourselves are suffering. This is a quality Jesus displayed, and we have worn your shoes. If they persist after warning, then they have broken the law, and you have every right to do what ever you have to, in order to keep the peace.

Replace your bitterness, with the joy of being free of a cult that kills. Enjoy the countless variety of creations that are here for us all to enjoy. Be glad you are out from under a false organization. Dont do more damage to yourself, start to heal slowly, and get stronger with time. Place all of these things , and your heart in Gods hands, and he will not forsake you, or ever leave you.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

(((((((((((((((mamashel)))))))))))

XW

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

((((((((((((((mamashel))))))))))) I am so sorry for what has happend to you.

• mamashel
    mamashel

(((((((((((((((((((((((((ALL OF YOU))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Thank you so much for all the love and concern. You are all so helpful. I havent been here much lately, but you have a wonderful way of making me feel right back at home. I am taking one day at a time, things can be a little overwhelming sometimes, but its nice to have such nice friends.

thanks

mamashel

• joelbear
    joelbear

I go through periods of being bitter, depressed and yes even suicidal over the pain caused by my association with the Watchtower.

I was disillusioned by the false prophecy. I was disillusioned by the bureaucracy and politics I saw at Bethel. I was disillusioned by the hyprocrisy I saw in the congregations I attended.

But, the lasting hurt, that I simply cannot get over, is from those that allowed me to love them as brothers and sisters and then take that love away because our viewpoints on spirituality became different.

That is what I continue to struggle with to this day.

Joel

• wednesday
    wednesday

Yes, i have allowed jw to make me bitter. And it is so sad, i was so outging, filled with care and my house was always open to those who needed a place to stay. Now i get anxiety attacks around people. I would rather hole up in my house than take a walk. i just have to get a life. this is no way to live.

• Gerard
    Gerard
    "Any suggestions are welcome though, on how i can move on and get over the bitterness that I feel. It's almost like I cant even go on and live a happy life, because i dont know how."

They'll keep on hurting you only if you allow them to! You've got to scrape that WTBS right off your shoe!

Forget and forgive.

Edited by - Gerard on 16 December 2002 13:24:38

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Hello Mama,

You have a perfect right to feel as you do. As time goes by, and you allow these wounds to heal, you will not allow yourself to "feel" that pain as intensely.

The affect that the WTBTS has had on all our lives is almost like being "taken". (In regards to being taken by an alien for experimentation.) How can anyone else who has not been in this "situation" ever truly understand the long term affects. It seemed at the time, that we were unable to get them out of our lives--not near as easily as they got in. For some time, you will feel damaged and exploited, but these things will gradually fade.

Once all that anger and bitterness is gone, you will feel so free, as they truly cannot hurt you any longer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit