Geoffery Jackson Plan Against the Commission

by thedepressedsoul 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

I think Geoffrey Jackson will make a good showing. Here's why: He'll have gone through the testimony and will be well acquainted with the Angus Stewart's line of questioning.

I think Marvin Shilmer comments were accurate:

1. Jackson will defend past policy as an honest--though perhaps flawed--attempt to abide by public policy on mandatory reporting. 2. He will further express appreciation to the Royal Commission for its initiative to move Australia toward a uniform public policy in relation to mandatory reporting, whatever that might require of Watchtower and its appointees. 3. Otherwise he will offer as much cooperation as the Commission requests related to the matter of responding to reports of child molestation.

UNLESS...

Jackson's a complete idiot, which by all accounts he does not seem to be.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Based on the style of questions I've observed from Stewart and McClellan, I think some of the more frustrating questions presented to Jackson will be those attempting to get him to agree that specific items of policy have been 1) traumatic for victims, 2) traumatic for the general membership (think: "captive organization"), 3) a danger to children in society at large, and 4) what expected changes the Royal Commission can expect to see the result of its unearthing of Watchtower-induced trauma by policy.

Because the GB is set up as a rule-by-committee one member would really be sticking his neck out to venture views on specific items like this. It's not safe ground and by past accounts GB members who've ventured specific views that were yet to be adopted by the GB found themselves in hot water. But Jackson is going to be front and center, and the GB must know the video is going to go viral among the JW and ex-JW community no matter what he says. So he's going to have to offer response to everything put before him. It's going to be a show. That's for sure. Can't wait.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Regarding Marvin's comment:

It's not safe ground and by past accounts GB members who've ventured specific views that were yet to be adopted by the GB found themselves in hot water. But Jackson is going to be front and center, and the GB must know the video is going to go viral among the JW and ex-JW community no matter what he says.

It may also be a an Ace held in his hand.... If he is asked questions that cause his answers to "go against the grain" he WILL be on video, there will 'relatively' be no way to spin what he said (it will be on the internet, haha) (and yes, there is always a spin, but for the person who wants the bottom line, it will be there in black and white).

In the past, when others went to court, the transcripts may have been harder, more expensive to find...

Nowadays, in this information age, people are aware of how to look court cases up, get transcripts, search the net, etc.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I gotta say, I'm not overly thrilled that he gets to appear via video conferencing instead of coming in person.

There's no hot seat like the front seat.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I imagine he'll have an invisible earpiece where his suck ups can guide him in answering the ARC's questions. Either that or they'll hire a lookalike tub of lard pretending to be his holiness pope Jehovhahahaha Jackson.
  • Driving Force
    Driving Force
    Well he sets a precedent here, any one invited to attend a JC can also use video conferencing, the GB did it first.
  • problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Wait......he doesn't have to appear in person? That obviously changes everything. His handlers can put a monitor in front of him to make comments on. And just not being in the room, is already a huge deal.

I really hope they continue in the manner they have and do not give him the soft peddle.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    If what I heard about him is true then he might be a little tricky to pin. Mr. Stewart can handle him though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit