Fed Up!

by gilwarrior 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

Right now I am so mad! I am in total road rage mode. The reason is my job. About four weeks ago I started a job as a cab driver. I thought that this job was going to be my lifesaver. Instead it has been a nightmare. You see, when you start as a cab driver, you are put as an extra. In other words, you only have a chance to work if a regular cab driver has the day off or if they called in sick. The first week, you work every single day so the company can see how good you are. After that, you are given a cab based on how many regulars are not coming in and your ranking as a good driver. Well since I had never driven a cab before my ranking was pretty low. Anyway, I was given a cab every other day. I was hoping for more days, but I could live with it. Now, however, it is getting worse. This morning I went to the cab area, as a normally do and for the third straight day I was not given a cab! I am hoping that it will get better during Christmas and New Years Day, but the way my luck is going, I probably wont get a cab those days either. I am going to start searching for another job. Just thinking about going through the classified sections in the newspaper and surfing the net for a job, makes my stomach turn! I went through so much hell to get this job and now I am going to have to leave it. Damn this sucks! I dont know why I should continue on. There is no joy in my life, only misery. I cant make friends. Even when do meet people, I dont know how to act around them. I dont know what to say and do to make that other person like me. Like I have said before, when I am around people I can be completely paranoid over something totally insignificant and on the other hand I can do or say the most offensive thing and no idea that I have done something wrong. Also, even if I get another job, it will suck just as much as this one. I cant think of any reason why I just shouldnt kill myself. Well, there is one. I am afraid of what it will do to my family. If I had no family, I would do it! No question about it.

So what should I do? Well for starters I will have to give up my truck. I just cant make the car and insurance payments anymore. Also when my lease ends, I will have to find a cheap apartment, perhaps in a bad side of town. Maybe I just accept the fact that I have to hit rock bottom. If you hit bottom and can learn to take it, you can handle anything. There is no way that I will move back in with my parents and give up my freedom! No way! If this doesnt workout then I will kill myself.

(OK, I probably won't kill myself, but I am so mad right now that I feel that I will do it.)

• joelbear
    joelbear

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time. It seems to be going around these days.

I believe we have seen the bottom ant that things will recover in 2003.

Take care

Joel

• Marcos
    Marcos

Hey Gil,

I can't post much now. It's Sunday morning and I have to go out and do some work for a while. I just wanted to say that I REALLY understand how you feel. But things will definitely get better.

I have been in the same position of feeling less than satisfied with how my life was going.

As soon as I get home this afternoon, I will make some additional comments that you might find interesting.

Relax a little if you can and do something that will get your mind out of the rut you are in now. Don't dwell on being mad, find something to do that will divert your attention for a while. You can always come back to being mad later...

Marcos

• Celia
    Celia

Gosh, Gil, that's too bad.... May I ask your age ? 20 something I presume... You have a HS diploma? Any other education? Why not take some classes at a Community College? Some subject you are interested in... You can get all your tuition paid (Pell Grant) if you qualify. And because the classes are not only during the day, but also evenings, week-ends... you can have a part-time job and still be working toward a degree or certificate...

Don't give up.

• Lutece
    Lutece

{{{{{{{{{{{{Gil}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I'm struggling with this work stress too! I should be doing quite well, but now I"m in the middle of a divorce and the freelance work that used to be quite lucrative has slowed down a lot and I'm searching for work ALL THE TIME. It's hard when the kids are looking forward to a real christmas and all I can think to do is sell stuff to make money to buy things for them. Hang in there and just when things seem their bleakest, you'll find the perfect opportunity. The key is to keep your eyes and ears open and a positive attitude. You know you can do anything you set your mind to, so just believe in yourself and remember that it's a really difficult time for everyone jobwise. :)

Edited by - lutece on 15 December 2002 22:31:45

• ugg
    ugg

gilwarrior,,,,

hi,,,,i am glad you vented...it will help some....i am just like you when it comes to the people and making friends part....it takes a long time for people to like me,,,it is a struggle...

finding a new job is absolutely awful....starting all over again...people,,routine,,ect ect...

i don't have any words of wisdom,,,,put forth alot of effort,,as you are already doing....

have you thought about working in an elderly housing unit,,,in most cases they will pay for training and the starting wage is ususally around $10.00 an hour...just a thought....i know they are always looking for people....

i hope some thing turns up for you...hang in there,,,(((((((((((((((((((((((( gil )))))))))))))))))))))))

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Gil, I'm so sorry things are rough for you right now.

You said.........

I dont know what to say and do to make that other person like me.

Hun, Just be yourself. No matter how hard you try, not everyone will like you, and you want the ones who do, to like you for the real you. (which seems just fine to me)

Shari

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

Celia, I am 29. I tried going to college, but it didn't work. I just can't concentrate in a classroom setting. I did attend a technical school for accounting and I got a certificate after nine months, but I haven't been able to find a job with it.

Anne, it is so great to hear from you again! I thought you were gone forever. I'm sorry to hear that you and your hubby are getting a divorce.

ugg, you are right. Thinks will get better. Hopefully during the Christmas season I will get several days and make some more cash.

Lilacs, thanks for your words of wisdom.

• Celia
    Celia

Gil, Did you like Accounting? What about taking a class in QuickBooks? Many small businesses are using this accounting program and looking for bookkeepers who know the program.

• spectromize
    spectromize

Dear gilwarrior,

Just try to keep your life simple and not try to impress anybody.

Thru life's difficult fazes, one needs to remind himself that life is a set of high and lows, so don't do anything stupid that would cause those around you, who love you, painful sorrow. Just get over the hump and accept your predicament till your power of decision can kick in and change it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit