Who exactly is "JW" here?

by ScoobySnax 21 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Recognising that this board is mainly for ex-JWs/anti-JWs/in the process of leaving/......... I'm interested to know how many here out of the thousands that post are pro-JW (or WT apologists to be more politically correct here) be that inactive/active, but still holding to the faith. (p.s. I'm not a P.O/C.O/ member of the GB either before u ask!)

• Focus
    Focus

Scooby**** wrote:

Recognising that this board is mainly for ex-JWs/anti-JWs/in the process of leaving/

What gave you this idea, Brother (may I call you Brother? Or, Sister?)?

I'm interested to know how many here out of the thousands that post are pro-JW (or WT apologists to be more politically correct here)

Well, many. As no one asks the question at the gate (as you must have observed), there may have been the odd apostate creeping in. But we may yet turn them away from their deadly course.

Now, I am perhaps the most active pro-JW here. May I be of service to you? Could I interest you in a BS?

I realize you are not a newbie, but we must be careful as to who asks the sort of question you have done. May I, for reasons of security, ask you for:
    (a) the true date of the fall of Jerusalem?
    (b) what was the significance of 1914 in our teachings prior to that date?

--
    Bro. Focus (B.O.)
    (Simon Magus Class)

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

...........oh LOL LOL LOL Focus............ listen I know its a toughy for you without reverting to the date 1914 and all that, but on this occasion, you're gonna have to try .. deep breath in, and release slowly out .....now ....please answer the original question Brother Focus. Can you manage.....??

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

ScoobySnax,

Your question is not all that logical. This ideal that multiculturalism holds of "balance" is hogwash. The ideals that no one is ever wrong and we are all OK is bogus. I defend people's right to be a Jehovah Witness and at the same time defend the right to not be one. What I find so unacceptable is how this group goes around screwing with peoples lives with impunity. IF they were any other type of Organization other than Religous they would be out of business so fast. But the shield of religon is very strong. Many of the people here agree and disagree on many many topics that are posted. From war to sex to marraige and on and on. That concept of free speech is impossible inside the body of that Organization. Even you being here (If you are/were a JW is a crime) that's nuts. I think you should be free to examine all the "facts" from reputable sources and present them free from retaliation and retrubution. Mostly you should not be afraid or intimidated.

The JW's fight for all of these principals in court. Like the silly law passed in Ohio. (Do I need to quote it) I think that the JW's were right on to fight that law. It would be bad to allow the Government to contol you talking to your neighbor. ( A licence for free speech) So here (on that) I support them. On other things I do not. Your questions are always all or nothing. I can't do that. And I guess that is why I never got through one single "Bible Study" or conversation with the JW's in my life (about worldly, or religousness) without them getting all bent out of shape. As they said, "IT DOES NOT MATTER IF WE ARE WRONG! WE HAVE THE TRUTH!" How can you reason with that?

On Sat I got roped into selling charity pizza discount cards for my child's Christian Acadamy. All the shunning by people because I was peddling something that they did not want. (Not even a response to my "hello".) It kind of sucks. I would have much rather just bought my quota and forgot the whole "Will you support the children" thing. It made me more sympathtic to the "Service work" that JW's do. All the door slaming in your face. I got a small taste of what they go through. If not for being here I would have never been faced with the "All Jehovah Witnesses are not all bad question." My issue is that I could not name one thing that is positive about them. And I do believe that you should look for the good in things. At that time I had not one thing that I could be sympathetic to or even one positive thing to say. Even what I read other people posting did not quantify to the level of "being good" to me. But that feeling first hand, the lack of even a "hello" people being mad just for me being there blah, blah...It make me see things through the eyes of what the Jehovah Witnesses experience. That was an eye opener for me. I hate selling things. And, things that people don't want? No way...But now I can understand what these guys at my door are going through from my experience. I will not slam the door (Unless it is an elder comming to put my family down) I will show some respect. And that might be weak but it is a start.

Being here got me to think about the good. If not for being here I would not have ever thought about things from their side again. Just because one person sees things as a negative, or even the posters say a negative, there can be a positive outcome.

Balance is a joke. And so is "fair". The counterbalance to the nay sayers is well protected inside their halls. Doubt is unacceptable. Opposition is not recognized. Uniformity as Unity period. That is not the way the real world works. And, some things are just plain wrong. I.M.O. Zelot behavior is one of those things. And I have experinced that the average Jehovah Witness is not just "zelous" they are "zelots". And that can carry over even if you leave the "Truth".

If you are looking for people that are 100% for the Jehovah Witness stance on all things published inside a Watchtower Magazine they are not here. As I understand the rules being here at all disqualifies them from your survey. Am I wrong? If they are not 100% with the Watchtower stance then they are not "Pro" Jehovah Witness. Am I wrong? If you are asking about JW doctrine well they have hung themselves on that. But I guess they can always fall back on "Even if we are wrong we are the truth". I just don't buy that kind of logic.

• Beans
    Beans

As this question has been asked many times before and never answered, the conclusion is that the JW's here are usually lurkers and do not respond to this question. They are hiding behind there mask and are very ashamed after they find out the truth about what they have believed for years is all false.

Beans

http://www.quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/

• Earnest
    Earnest

Edited by - Earnest on 15 December 2002 20:40:24

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

erm......Iwasyoungonce ........ I'll put you down as a No then.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

...Just kidding, thanks for the informative reply.

• larc
    larc

I have been posting here for two years. I have seen about a dozen that have come and gone. Usually, they spout some nonsense they can't prove and when they get called on it, they promptly leave. There are a few that troll and post silliness. Fred Hall and Comforter come to mind. The one who had the most intelligence and tenacity was You Know. I respected him. He hasn't been here for awhile. I figure that he left because people had put together enough clues to eventually figure out his identity and he didn't want that. Another interesting JW apologist is Yadirf. He has not been active for over 25 years, but he still defends them and considers us to be evil - interesting. Oh yes, I remember one other - Duns. He was very intelligent, and I had a number of interesting dialogues with him. He only stayed about two months, and said he had to get back to his graduate work. Very unusual - a Witness getting a master's degree - in philosophy, of all things. Well, that's the latest from this investigative reporter. News flash! Armageddon arrived at six this evening. Video of the carnage at eleven.

• Skeptically Yours
    Skeptically Yours

ScoobySnax,

I'm still a Witness. Planning to do a slow fade sometime in the future.

Too many struggles with the faith piling up lately. The 'new light' getting too bright for me. However, I've been holding my ground and doing a pretty amazing balancing act for many years because I don't want to lose my parents and the friendship of some pretty nice people who just happen to be witnesses.

Take care!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit