Yahweh's wonderful creation

by fulltimestudent 42 Replies latest jw friends

• prologos
    prologos

I agree with CiFL on many points. I regret not having been raised in the rich Jewish insights. glad to be alive though.

The idea that of all our troubles ,even our deaths are the result of "original sin" is wrong. as CiFL pointed out, not supported by the tree of life item.

All creation is very good, and not only us, even the universe is slowly aging, dying: latest science news.

• Perry
    Perry

Caleb,

You are perfectly free to believe whatever you want. The absolutely wonderful thing is that your ancestors actually wrote down the thoughts of God. They are immutable.

But, the greatest proof of ancestral sin, hasn't even been touched on - death.

To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat of it,’ “Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat of it all the days of your life.” (Genesis 3:17)

God says the exact opposite as what evolution says. Whom would Abraham have believed?

Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so. (Genesis 1:29–30)

• CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda

Perry,

I think it is wonderful that you have a Christian belief. And I know fully that you believe in your interpretation of the Hebrew texts. If you didn't you would not be a Christian.

So I don't doubt your strong faith and your interpretation of the Scriptures as to how they fit into your Christian paradigm. I never have.

My point has and always will be that you are not discussing what Jews believe, but what you as a Christian believe the texts say.

Besides, in reality as a Jew I hold no value in "believing" anything. "Faith" and "belief" are irrelevant to Jewish theology, at least in the way Christians view them.

But these things matter to you. The best thing to do is make more of them than merely debating with someone on how right you are and how wrong I am. What value is that?

Instead do good with what you believe. There are far more important things you can be doing with your time than arguing with me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit