Bumbling idiots..... RC & JW broadcast

by snare&racket 24 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

One of the contributing factors to me leaving was the realisation we were being led by idiots. Bethel life reinforced that, middle aged ego's trying to suck up to Brooklyn. Why would it be any different there? Ray Franz book was a final nail for me, because he described the same incompetence along with the same ego's. The GB were described as untruthful and ill equipped.

The RC is making evident just how inexperienced and ..... this will sound mean, but.... uneducated, these leaders and 'teachers' are. They couldn't even keep up with the RC questions and points, constantly getting themselves lost in the defence of the GB.

The RC had the goal of protecting and representing damaged children so as to learn from it, these JW men have arrived to do battle ...and left found wanting.

Between the RC and JW broadcasting, I can't help but believe that they are showing the world their achilles heel. These men are not mysterious, godly men, with superhuman knowledge and spiritual experience.... they are in fact ...bumbling fools following the protocol in a flawed elders/branch book.

As for the GB such as AM 3rd, they have come across as draconian, backward , bullies. None of them are a leader you would vote for, they are obviously there from ego, ambition and Watchtower politics.

Do you find yourself surprised and amazed that we once held them in such high regard? Do you think their mistake of enjoying the limelight will be there own downfall?

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2
    Good post well said. Some people prefer to be led and told what to do rather than having to think for themselves. I see it all the time in business with staff, childlike. As Ray put it it's alright to be childlike in front of the Almighty God and Jesus, but in front of other men no way.
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

The RC is making evident just how inexperienced and ..... this will sound mean, but.... uneducated, these leaders and 'teachers' are.

I wouldn't call this mean. I'd call it accurate.

Good post.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

snare&racket - "Do you think their mistake of enjoying the limelight will be there own downfall?"

Jeezus, how could it not?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

S&R: One of the contributing factors to me leaving was the realisation we were being led by idiots.

Yes, exactly!

When the GB members kept a low profile, it was easy to imagine them as being qualified spiritual leaders. But when they began seeking prominence that illusion quickly vanished.

Over the years, I've met Lösch after he gave a part at a Circuit Assembly, heard Herd "teach" at an Elders' School and endured Lett numerous times at District Conventions.

The collective experience has overwhelmingly demonstrated that these men are exactly as S&R describes them in his OP: bumbling fools.

To make it worse, Herd is clearly a small-minded bigot.

Their recent foray into "television" repeatedly confirms what poor leaders they are, Anthony Morris in particular. What a repulsive human being he is!

Clearly, no God in his/her/its right mind would ever pick these men to represent him, at least not a god that I'd worship!

Let's review: It's a cult!

• steve2
    steve2

It is not mean to call uneducated people "uneducated", but it would be to call educated people "uneducated".

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

What Oubliette said.

On a related note...

...JWTV has been the best thing yet for them and XJWs, in my opinion.

They've found their true calling (as televangelists), and XJWs have been proven right all along (that they're no better than televangelists).

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

On another related note...

...the fact that they appear to be bumbling fools also lends credence to the claim that there are smarter guys quietly propping them up from behind (who, thanks to OrphanCrow, we've had a glimpse of).

• oppostate
    oppostate

The teletubby Gobbering Body videos are showing them up as a bunch of anal retentive, badly informed and menial minded tyrants, lording it over 8 million people they expect to follow their every pronouncement unblinkingly.

The GB 1.0 knew when to keep silent, and not be seen to much. This bunch in the GB 2.0 don't know when to shut up and love the limelight. I believe they'll open up a lot of eyes and waking minds with their new mix of Mormon/Scientology/Televangelist inspired programming.

• Israel Ricky Gonzales
    Israel Ricky Gonzales

The GB were held in high esteem because they were not in the limelight. JW broadcasting has definitely exposed their real personalities.

Unfortunatley, the rank n file believe that Jesus picked unlettered and ordinary men to lead his congregation. The GB are definitely unlettered, but very unordinary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit