Watchtower Society responds to Diane Wilson

by SYN 12 Replies latest social humour

• jwsons
    jwsons

In Questions from Readers (WacoTower Jan.1, 2003, pages 30-31) The Borg did mention Deut. 22:23-27, however they neglect (innocent or on purpose ?) verse 27 read:"The girl who was engaged screamed, but there was no one to rescue her" And result ? "the man who cohabited with her must die by himself"

So, even there is no witness, the raper should die. Why they asked SilentLambs vistims for 2 witneseses as a basis for processing a pedophile case, otherwise dropping it in their file of darkness ?

jwsons

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

The article on rape is a classic case of doublespeak. It AGAIN refers back to the (defunct, dead, nailed to the stake/cross) LAW, female hating as it was, for a principle that a woman should scream. I WANT TO SCREAM.

NO ONE, NO ONE, has the right to imply, suggest, think that a woman is guilty of ANYTHING no matter if she screamed or not when she was raped. WHO THE HELL do they think they are? Of course, they think they are God on earth, what was I thinking.

Then, after mentioning "wrongdoing" on the woman's part from ancient days, fast forward to them applying the idea to modern women: she won't have to feel guilty because she did all she could. WHAT DO THEY NOT UNDERSTAND ABOUT RAPE? It is a crime of violence, rape against a person's will; a woman (or man, i know) does not have to answer to anyone about whether or not she screamed, or fought; she must do what she thinks is best, NO ONE has the right to do this to women!!

ARRRGGGHHHH!

I just HATE articles like this; they talk out of both sides of their mouth. They pay lip service to the right idea, then allow for elders to apply a more radical standard. They truly are the Pharisees reborn.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

And how about the RIDICULOUS whitewashing of df'ing? I have come to realize that this is the most inhumane thing a congregation can do to us, short of killing us by lack of blood.

Elders have more than one meeting to detect repentance? BULL$HIT. CO's are telling elders not to have more meetings with them, that if they don't think they are repentant, df them. My son went to the elders with information about practices he had been doing;(the usual hormone driven stuff) he went again later to reveal more, not new, but more from the past. They df'd him. Imagine this now: a person comes forward with info they are not going to get except from him, he is humble about it and contrite, and they boot him.

I let them know that he has been treated for serious depression; they tell me that he told them he feels better when he gets to meetings. So much for the WT thinking depression is a serious issue. (If my son had hurt himself after being df'd, I would have sued them for the rest of my life.) I ask them how depression factors in to how they handle his case; they tell me that there is no way they can take it into consideration (of course, they reassured me that they take depression very seriously!). This was the point at which I knew I was out of there, at least mentally; all of the lip service they give to helping the depressed, and understanding the issues, and when it comes down to it, they will df a young man who is depressed and who took info to them to get it off his conscience.

This is hard on me, even though I feel free at last. This is something I gave my life to; I skipped college, pioneered, the whole bit; raised my kids to believe that this was God's org, only to see them thrown away because they had depression. Imagine that, depression in kids that can't have sports, holidays, birthdays or organized social structure. Imagine, kids giving in to natural urges.

May every elder live to see his child df'ed while in serious depression; let them stay awake wondering if their children will be alive in the morning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit