XMas illuminations on your house

by Simon 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

I guess this is more of a USA thing, but in the spirit of international friendship we have decided to put some effort into things this year. What do you think?

Did you really think this was ours? he he ... This house is round the corner from Angharad's parents and he raises money for charity. The picture doesn't really do justice to just how bright it is (you can see the glow before you get there). The people living opposite probably have an all-round tan!

We have one light-up train in the Kitchen window that puff's smoke. Maybe we'll add to it next year

• happysunshine
    happysunshine

wow.

There's a place near here that is done completely in white lights, even on the yard trees. I know what you mean about the glow from blocks away. -j

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I didn't put up a tree this year, but we did put up lights, albeit not many. They're my favorites. Throughout the city, there are some spectacular lighted up sections. There's even a Tour of Lights, where for $3.00 you can take a bus and enjoy the scenery.

• Matty
    Matty

Jeez Simon that's some show! I would think that the local electricity company would be over the moon seeing all that wattage being pumped out!

• Celia
    Celia

Some people decorate more subtly, with better taste than others... In the next village, there is a house that is completely covered in lights, blinking lights... The electricity bill must be double or triple than the other months of the year. I like the "icicle" white light garlands around the eves, and lights on the trees...

• radicalthoughts
    radicalthoughts

i have been in this apartment for years that have my front windows covered with every holiday decoration especially christmas lights, because the landlord does up the front of the building so nice, i always noted the disapproved faces of my jw in-laws and the stupids remarks at it, i never cared either way but it was always so funny to see someone get so pissed off by a silly little thing.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

That gives new meaning to a flashing Santa!

Not far from us, there are three houses in a row that compete with each other at this time of year for the "Best Illuminated House"

award run by the local newspaper! One of them won last year. It was the middle of the three and I think the paper thought they

were all one house!

Spanner

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

There is a long time tradition in my little town, involving one particular street. Pine St. Almost everyone living on this street, has participated in doing and outdoing one another with lighting decorations.

It has become so well known, that literally thousands come every year to walk this street. One of the homeowner's installed a loud speaker on his roof. He and several neighbor's perform segements from Scroog, fully costumed and scripted. They are quite good really.

Danny

• belbab
    belbab

BC Hydro has a number of experimental displays of Christmas lights called SLED, that is Seasonal Light Emission Diode . They have shown them on TV and the public has rushed in to enquire about them, but they will not be available to the public until next year. The lights are beautiful, and and the cost is peanuts compared to conventional Xmas lights. Has anyone heard of these elsewhere?

http://www.whistler.ca/updates/index.php?stID=123

• shera
    shera

There is family that does that around here....he has thousands and thousands of lights up.He also puts up many rooms outside with different christmas themes.Familes from all around come to view it and I think we should donate for his light bill...lol.It takes about 15 mins to see it all .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit