Can JWs be police in Australia?

by Larrikin 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

What BOC presents is the longtime and current policy insofar as I know it.

I've always thought this policy was flawed given the biblical presentation of Cornelius. An army officer hand-picked by God for special anointing of holy ghost, and then essentially forcing a standing Apostle to physically baptize him and his kin by water immersion. Presumably an officer in the army carried a sidearm and was trained in its use and ready to use that training.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

There is an elder who is an officer on one of the Spanish islands in the Med. He has special permission not to carry a weapon.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Welcome to a great forum!

I heard when Spinks said that too, so thank you for posting the question.

Marina

• sir82
    sir82

My understanding is that nothing prohibits a person from being on a police force. However, if doing so requires you carry a firearm, you will not be able to hold any position in the congregation or have any "privleges"

This is current policy.

• freddo
    freddo
    Absolutely, definitely allowed in the UK if (as most do not) not carrying a gun. Certainly not encouraged. I have definite knowledge of an elder serving as a copper.
  • scary21
    scary21
    Sir82,.I had that question a few years back when I lived in Illinois USA. They were talking about their husband being a policeman . That is what I was told, no position.
  • steve2
    steve2
    I hear that JWs cannot be police but they can be criminals. It's all in the way you say, "Sorry for bringing reproach upon Jehovah's name".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit