Ex Elders Aren't The Only Jerks With Attitudes

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

A lot of people that weren't elders show why they became Witnesses in the first place. They complain about the attitude of former elders but they never look at their own crappy attitudes. Maybe, it's because being a jerk has nothing necessarily to do with being a former elder. Some people are malcontents, no matter what!

• jack2
    jack2

True......I guess.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

This was important enough to start a thread, why?

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hi Mini:

Not sure what you are getting at.

True that some people, elder or not, are just jerks. But, put a jerk in a position of authority, and he turns into a bigger jerk!

Had a bad day?

Mrs. Shakita

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Hi Minimus,

Some people are malcontents, no matter what!

True.

Elders though are in a unique position. They can at will separate families, grant the right of divorce, overlook pedophilia, instruct a woman to remain with her abusive mate, ridicule, interrogate, raise up and put down, spiritually kill, and spiritually resurrect etc. They in effect hold the power of a little god and many of them use that power to the full but not all.

As a result an elder who is a damn "jerk" has the potential to be a greater murderous damn jerk than almost anyone else in the congregation!

IW

• blondie
    blondie

Mrs. Shakita

But, put a jerk in a position of authority, and he turns into a bigger jerk!

Amen to that!

Blondie

• JT
    JT
    Elders though are in a unique position. They can at will separate families, grant the right of divorce, overlook pedophilia, instruct a woman to remain with her abusive mate, ridicule, interrogate, raise up and put down, spiritually kill, and spiritually resurrect etc. They in effect hold the power of a little god and many of them use that power to the full but not all.

As a result an elder who is a damn "jerk" has the potential to be a greater murderous damn jerk than almost anyone else in the congregation!

excellent point and that is why i refer to them as the CHEESE CRACKER MEN

here you have a mild mannered man who hands out cheese crackers during the day at BJ' or Sam's Club-

but by night he becomes THE VERY MOUTH PC OF GOD HIMSELF-

EVERY ONE KNOWS THAT TO OPENLY question the biggest jackass elder is STILL equal to being Dathan and Abithan questioning Moses-

in the mind of any group of jw standing around the information BOARD after the service meeting and damn don't let it be a sister who is questioning an elder in front of others she is DEAD MEAT

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

Minimus,

Do you mean it in the context of that an ex alcoholic is the same asshole with fewer dents in his car?

• radicalthoughts
    radicalthoughts

i remember hearing about this real tough elder that was coming to the cong. , he was an uneducated guy that ended up bullying me all around, i'm sure now i lost respect for the elders as a group because of him., maybe i should thank him, he opened my eyes in a way.....

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Yes tell a man he will be a prince and don't you think all of a sudden he feels oh boy I am going to be a somebody. Yes an Ego Maniac!!

I spend 38 years in the organization, I believed with every core of my body and heart and yes I was a yesbot. But when I began to see a great break down in the way people are treated the sick the poor, the upper class and your ordinary person. I was sickened. My own ex husband went around like a real jerk and he was a nobody in the congregation. People in the Hall laughed at him to his face and behind his back and one elders wife in the presence of her husband told my ex to just shut up and her husband said nothing. I could no longer believe that christians could watch a sister who lost a new born infant after 11 days hardly any one visited her to support her. The elder in the hall came to visit he gave the talk in the funeral home as the husbands family were not JWs. The total of witnesses amounted to about 10 out of a congregtation of over 100 and she was well known in all the three cong. as the halls were all just split up. Now you tell me who the DELETED are the jerks. It destroyed her. Just 10, witnesses. I was infuritated beyond belief. So tell me are the elders or ex elders the only jerks? No they aren't there are a lot of jerks out there. Hell when I decided to leave that IS WHEN I turned in to a Jerk. But that is the tip of the ice berg. I could write a book about the things I have seen and know.

One pissed of Orangefatcat

Edited by - Englishman on 14 December 2002 13:8:50

Edited by - orangefatcat on 14 December 2002 18:44:47

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit