Self Hypnosis

by TR 29 Replies latest jw friends

• TR
    TR

Just wondering if any here have tried this, and what were your results. Or, does it offend your religious and/or spiritual senses?

TR

• hippikon
    hippikon

Psycho Cybernetics – Sure it works just ask 6 mil JW’s

• d0rkyd00d
    d0rkyd00d

good question tr. I have often wondered if i could ever be hypnotized, because it is hard to believe somebody could "talk" me into a sleep. I'd like to try some day.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

TR
    I have never tried self hypnosis...but i have been hypnotised, i didn't realise it was happening at the time.

To put you in the picture...
    I used to work in mental health, while i was at university. We had a workshop...the person giving the lecture worked as a psychotherapist.
    He had the group of us (around 15) to close our eyes, while he ran through some emotions.
    We must have sat there for 15 to 20 mins, with our eyes closed, totally silent, just listening to his voice. He got us to go through certain emotions...for example how we felt when someone we loved rejected us...or how we felt when someone was besotted with ourselves, yet we wanted to end that relationship.
    He went through hurt, pain, happiness, lovingness, lonliness...a range of emotions in this manner.
    I felt so relaxed.
    All i could hear was his voice...and experience these emotions.
    It wasn't until the end...when he said 'wide awake!'...that it suddenly dawned on me that i had been hypnotised.
    I wanted to go back there again!
    It was a wonderful feeling...a truly unique experience.

Yours dig

Try to add life to your days, not days to your life.

• mommy
    mommy

Tr,
    UHM who asks the questions? And who records the result?
    wendy

• joelbear
    joelbear

I turned myself into a newt once.

I got better.

leoj

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

hahhahaha I'm not a witch I'm not!

• Kristen
    Kristen

Hmmm, I'm going to keep an eye on this thread... I've seen people hypnotized in front of groups before. And I'd LOVE to suggest some things to myself

But actually I poked my head into this thread to comment on digderidoo's endquote:

I simply love it! So true, so true. What's the point in quantity if there is no quality. I noticed it yesterday and wanted to tell you how much I liked that one.

<jotting that one down>

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Thanks kristen

it was something i heard a while back...i try to live by it.

Yours dig

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

TR,
    Hope we get some educated responses on this. Thinker and I are interested in this.
    Good question though Wendy!
    Dig,
    Cool experience. And I love your signature too!!
    TW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit