A question for Pagans--what's happening at my hous

by Kingpawn 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

By now many of you know I'm studying Wicca, am in contact with a High Priestess of a coven who's graciously answering many questions I have, and I'm also studying Tarot cards online.

This past weekend the exercise with lesson three on the tarot was to do some sample readings. Some odd things have happened since then. I bolded them for easier finding.

Since then, my youngest daughter and I have heard a scratching sound that I took to be birds on the spouting, though we couldn't see it. She says she's heard it before when in her room, date unknown. To me, it sounded like it might be in the house walls at the top, just below the ceiling.

My house does have an small attic. I'm not sure how far it extends.

Next, my wife told me she heard a sound like nails scratching on a sheet of plywood we have up against a door leading to a small storage area off the bathroom. In the ceiling of this room is a small vent leading to the attic. The grate over this vent is fat too narrow to allow a bird to get in.

Last night, as I was getting ready for work, the TV in my bedroom shut off by itself. My oldest daughter, who was in the room at the time (hers is colder than ours and since we both worked that night anyway...) told me this has happened once before, possibly the night before.

Conclusions? Advice? How should I react if it, or other things, happen?

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Hun, sounds like you have rats and minor electrical problems. No, I am not being sarcastic (I do tarot and consider myself "pagan",) but few months back I had a rat that resided in my walls, and some rat poison took care of it in about 5 days. I found out he was there when I heard scratching sounds for about a week in random places in my walls, later followed by some very odd squeaking sounds. My TV goes off also, and my lights flicker. Guess what? I just found out I need a new circuit breaker.

Edited by - MrMoe on 13 December 2002 16:35:29

• Celia
    Celia

We had birds, mice and squirrels in our walls... I had to cut holes in the dry-wall of a bedroom to free blackbirds ! How they got there is a mistery, they don't need a very big space to get in... I had mice die an some walls where I could not cut a hole or reach... It stank for a week...

Edited by - Celia on 13 December 2002 17:46:53

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Your starting to see bugs in the woodwork. Your becoming paranoid.

I was once so drugged that "SATAN" himself entered into my mind and screamed inside my head that I was HIS for all eternity. But even that experience went away over time.Okay I was messed up for about three months, but it did prove to be a false experience.

I can personally attest that there are no demons going to groan around your house or throw the bedside table out the window. There simply ARE NO DEMONS.

I once heard this repetative clicking coming from the corner of my bedroom and ended up hacking up a part of the floor at about 3am. It turned out to be some kind of wood boring bug.

Edited by - refiners fire on 13 December 2002 16:54:45

• LucidSky
    LucidSky

SATAN

Sorry but demonz and spiritz don't seem any more real than God to me.

• Navigator
    Navigator

Sounds like you might have either squirrels or rats. A friend of mine had a rat crawl through electrical conduit and electrocute himself across the terminals in the meter box. On damp days, the body of the rat would act like a shunt and the lights would mysteriously dim and the appliances would shut themselves off.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Its like when you buy a car, you think that nobody has the same car and then after you buy it you start to see way more than you used to. The number of 1977 Volvo sedans didn't suddenly increase, you just started to notice them because something in your own life changed.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik
    Conclusions? Advice? How should I react if it, or other things, happen?

First, don't waste your energy fearing that which has not happened yet. Deal with each thing as it arises.

Second, check out practical reasons for the scratchy noises. As in, don't just imagine them away, really check them out. Call in someone that knows how to look for and erradicate hidden houseguests like rodents, etc. (These critters can eat thru electrical wiring).

Third, after having done steps one and two, and only after having done steps one and two, now decide what you think about the tarot thing being the link to the scratchy noises.

SPAZ

ps - lol @ lucidsky

Edited by - SPAZnik on 13 December 2002 18:16:22

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

..."On damp days, the body of the rat would act like a shunt and the lights would mysteriously dim"....

The grey gloom outside. The opressive silence inside. The lights dimming and flickering while your reading a book on meditation. That strange smell of rotting flesh.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Random..... this is a great analogy. The other day I watched a great show on t.v. about the Bermuda Triangle. It seemed like for the next week the subject kept coming up. On the radio, in conversation. It's not that people suddenly became enamored with the subject, I just never paid any attention.

Maybe the scratches were always there, but now you're paying attention to them because sub-consciously (?spelling) you expect it.

Chevy, of the 'red rum red rum' class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit