Boosting Attendance or Hunting Apostates?

by Elsewhere 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Recently, and reportedly in coming months, elders will be contacting inactive members.

It has been suggensted that their main objective is to hunt for apostates.

I'm inclined to think that "finding apostates" is just a side effect of their main objective, which is to boost meeting attendance.

Any thoughts?

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

And once they find them, what will they do with the Apostates?

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Why they will ask slippery questions to which the Apostates will give evasiver and equally slippery answers and they will all play verbal merry go rounds for a few months until the innevitable occurs.

DF.

Jehovahs congregation, cleansed of yet another dangerous microbe of alternate thought

• Jourles
    Jourles

If that is true, then I should be due for a shepherding visit in the coming months. Although I am not inactive to the point where I do not attend meetings, I am inactive based on definition(no field service). It will be interesting to see if I get a one-on-two(or, GASP, three) chat.

• wednesday
    wednesday

RF u have such a gift of words.

How true, they are looking for leaks and tieing up loose ends and will be popping the big question. no doubt some will receive some encourgement-but mostly they are paranoid concerning the recent developemnts about child abuse and seeking to do dmange control. I worry a little, b/c it will be hard not to tell them i know those charges are true, just based on my own personal experience. But i can BS with those guys, i know what to look out for. And thanks to all u very nice guys, i am armed and ready.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I think that it just might be that they are looking for apostates. The fact is, never has it been available to find so much damning evidence as it is now. We can all sit at home behind the computer and find out what is really up. I think a lot more witnesses have looked at a site such as this than will openly admit it. So, with all the info so easily available, I think they are cracking down on the apostates.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I'm inclined to think that "finding apostates" is just a side effect of their main objective, which is to boost meeting attendance.

I smell a big purge coming and have said so for several years. Jaracz only knows how do things the Rutherford way: eliminate the opposition and close ranks.

The only way to keep non-DFd/DAd apostates from telling the truth about the Watchtower to JWs is put them in a position where dubs are forced to shun them.

"Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil."

Farkel

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

When I stopped attending meetings I wanted to test myself to see if I really did not believe what the JWs were teaching... so I went and donated blood... No problem. I actually enjoyed donating the blood... felt good about it.

A JW happened to see me do this and reported me to the elders.

They came to my door and asked me if it was true (i was not well versed in the arts of the two witness rule at the time ) so I said "yes, I did".

The two elders looked at each other and and one said "You know you can be DFed for this."

I said "yes, i know". They looked at each other a bit startled and one said "You can't be a Jehovah's witness and donate blood."

I said "ok, I'll DA myself then. I'll have a letter for you in a few hours." The last I saw of them was their look of supprise as I closed my front door on them.

I wrote the letter and delivered it to the door of one of the elders... who happened to live next door to me.

I have recently become currious as to why JWs say they cannot donate blood. Is anyone aware of any literature that says "JWs do not donate blood because..." ???

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

Yes, it was in a question from Readers in the 1960's that made it clear that giving blood was a DFing offense.

Jeff S.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Else,

Good question. I've never seen anything in the literature that said you cannot donate blood, but I've been out a while.

I use your very point in discussing the blood issue with JWs who show up at my door. I point out that JWs TAKE from the blood supply (all the various multitude of approved WT blood products) but they NEVER GIVE BACK.

Isn't that greed?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit