Do all witnesses shun you?

by JH 20 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

There are always a few tender hearted, who know that shunning is stupid and keep on talking to DF'd people, when no one is looking. Are there still a few who keep on talking to you, even if you are DF'd? I'm sure that elders wouldn't shun you if you talk to them, so why do others have to shun you?

Edited by - jh on 13 December 2002 18:23:16

• Xander
    Xander

Yes, but not because they are 'tender-hearted' - it's because they are living double lives. The people who perhaps feel the org is wrong, but their message is right, so they keep going to meetings and other 'through the motions' activities hoping when the 'Big A' comes, god will be looking at their 'heart condition' instead of their actions (IE., that they are a 'member in good standing' instead of what they REALLY think). Or, those who would leave if not for the rest of their family.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

The only JW to continue speaking to me was my exwife, every time she wanted money or her car worked on. Since the divorce has finalized, even that has stopped. All others turned their backs if they found out I was DA'd, leading me to uninvite them to my home and leading to the subsequent divorce. I'm really broke up about it too.

Lew W

• bluemoon
    bluemoon

I had many "friends", but when I left I lost all but one. He was/is my best friend. We don't talk like we did and not nearly as often, but he is my only friend now. No one else will talk to me. It really sucks. But now I am making new friends and hopefully I can have what I thought I once had, many close friends.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Well, I'm DA'd which is the same to them. My two sister in laws (ex) have stopped by my work to talk to me and say hi. It was really nice. They both have kids (nieces & nephews to me) and I miss them a lot. Funny thing happend though.

My nephew was talking to his grandpa (my ex's dad and PO of the cong) he was all excited and told him that they visited me. I wish I could have seen his face! Well, Grandpa got all upset and started to yell at my sister in law, saying that she shouldn't talk to someone who turned their back on Jehoober. Well, my sister in law told him to stuff it and left, it was great!

• freedom96
    freedom96

I am not df'd or da'd, so people will talk to me. I do associate with a df'd person, who I think is very grateful that I don't follow the WTS policies.

• Scully
    Scully

Some JWs shunned me even when I was active and in good standing. Those are the ones who will continue to shun. The social exclusionism of shunning is a cover for their low self esteem, the ones who are trying to kiss elder ass and pioneer their way into the Paradise. They hate honest people who refuse to put up with their bull$h!t, and shunning is their way of showing their contempt for you.

So I am formulating a plan to turn this behaviour against them. It involves making a very vocal psychiatric evaluation of the shunner in a public venue while the shunning is taking place. I will fill you in on the details later.

Love, Scully

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

not all JWs shun me I have spoke with many over the past three years, I suppose if they were found out they would be in major trouble with the congregation. But they don't seen to care. Neither do I for that matter. My own family disowned me from day one and others freely discuss things with me. Go figure. .

Orangefatcat.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

I've been df'd for three years and have a JW uncle in Brampton, Canada who phones me long distance once a month or so. I know he loves me and cares deeply. He keeps calling me 'cuz I think he is worried about me. He thinks I don't know how to take care of myself or something. Always says a few "JW Words", I suspect he is counting time...hehehe!

On the other hand, I have two grown JW kids who completely shun me...they moved out of town and haven't even given me their new address...I've completely lost touch with them. If they ever decided to have babies, they would not even inform me. They are pure JW and very brainwashed. I regret raising them as jws...

My best jw girlfriend, Gail talked to me once in the mall, with a pillar between us. She kept looking around to make sure no one saw us...hehehe! She asked me if I was "coming back". I laughed and said, "No way!" I saw her once in awhile after that. I'd smile at her and say, "Hi, Gail!" She ignores me now and hasn't talked to me since the incident at the pillar in Zellers. Knowing her, she prayed for weeks after our first encounter, asking god to forgive her sin talking to me...hehehe!!!

One final note...I won't walk past a jw without smiling and saying hi...You might want to try it... and see how fast their pasted-on smiles disappear...too funny!!!

• LB
    LB

Most shunned me even before I DAed myself. But as I mentioned on another thread one actually said hi to me in a cafe yesterday.

Doesn't upset me though, I know the rules. Makes me feel sorry for them instead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit