Billy's comments to the RC #1 - "We always require at least two witnesses... except for when we don't."

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 39 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Sorry Scully, but according to the brothers­™, that's all based on scripture.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Geez, I've watched the replay on sections and that WT lawyer that does most of their talking, and sitting next to the blonde... I just want to punch him in the face. Such an annoying voice, manner, and message.
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

You know, I try not to be pedantic regarding spelling, but paragraph 13 of the Elder's Manual is really annoying because they replaced one word with another that means something completely different.

"Wrongdoing that would provide a BASES for disfellowshipping." Really?

Wouldn't BASIS be the word you're reaching for, oh perfect organization?

Unless you're talking about that weird baseball sexual metaphor. I mean, which base would be enough for disfellowshipping? 2nd? 3rd? Or would you have to go all the way to Home?

Sorry, carry on.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Sorry, not "disfellowshipping," but rather "scriptural freedom."

But, someone's getting disfellowshipped, anyhow.

• Scully
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Maybe Scully, but when it was Jackson that first mentioned that they accept circumstantial evidence, I wondered if he had read this thread. LOL

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent
    Either way, Billy, the point you made well was aired in the highest of legal forums. Cool stuff.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ GrreatTeacher...

Not to be pedantic (sorry, couldn't resist) but "bases" (pronounced "bay-sees") is the plural form of "basis".

That being said, they shouldn't have put the word "a" in front of it.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Such an annoying voice, manner, and message...BILLY

He makes my skin crawl! One of my Facebook friends so perfectly summed him up..."Uriah Heep"

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Yeah, Vidiot, they got it wrong either way!

For all intensive purposes, they suck at spelling and grammar!

Let's consider this separately, and then touch basis next week!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit