This article indicates the org will consider policy changes

by defender of truth 16 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Memphis Typically they'd try to use confessional privilege to defend themselves from any obligation to report under this law, but they've not been doing that in Oz, and after Stewart's demolition of how it shouldn't be considered 'secret' I wonder whether other common law jurisdictions will take another look at the issue from this angle.

Boy I hope this RC has a profound effect in Britain..it should do as a common law duristriction. Ditto Canada and the USA.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Toole - "Coming to this commission has been a wake-up call for me, I can assure you..."

You don't say.

As in, "wake up and start looking for alternative employment"?

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Typically they'd try to use confessional privilege to defend themselves from any obligation to report under this law, but they've not been doing that in Oz, and after Stewart's demolition of how it shouldn't be considered 'secret' I wonder whether other common law jurisdictions will take another look at the issue from this angle.

Boy I hope this RC has a profound effect in Britain..

It should do, if people are sufficiently moved, and willing to share their experiences with the Independent Inquiry.

www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/397800005/could-independent-inquiry-england-wales-expose-jw-orgs-child-abuse-failures-how-can-we-help?page=2#/424070002

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Toole - "Coming to this commission has been a wake-up call for me, I can assure you..."

I bet Toole and others will be singing like canaries on the "wittless" stand if and when faced with doing some hard time over not reporting a crime. Right now they are still trying to please and protect the Governing Body but when faced with the gravity of their actions and denial and doing some prison time they will turn on the WT corporation when they see the writing on the wall so to speak.

• cognac
    cognac
    Totally in agreement with Brokeback.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Brokeback...

Offer them immunity from prosecution if they sing.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    They are forced into a corner and now will seek independent legal advice to spell it out to a bunch of brain dead zombies called the Governing Body because these guys they got for lawyers have their heads too far up their ass.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit