Judas Iscariot

by nativenyr23 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Navigator
    Navigator

I agree with the post by Metatron. I believe that Judas was a Zealot and was trying to force Jesus's hand or perhaps God's hand to do away with Roman power. Perhaps he thought that Jesus would call down a band of angels if he were faced with such a painful death. Or perhaps he thought that God would not allow the sacrifice. In any case, the money was probably incidental and ritual. It never occurred to Judas that Jesus would put up no defence at all. If his motivation was money, why hang himself? He had the money.

• avishai
    avishai

When I was little reading the new my book of bible stories( Way more exciting than that pink piece of crap the "great teacher book") I used to ask why josephs bro's got off the hook for betraying & trying to kill him & Judas did'nt. I never got a good answer.

• yard dog
    yard dog

It was mostly the Jews who knew Jesus. When Judas kissed him for identification reasons it was for Roman soldiers Who I would guess had little knowledge of Jesus. A question though. Could it be possible that both Pilate and Judas will have a hope for resurrection? I always was taught that the only unforgivable sin was blasphemy of the Holy Spirit or working against Gods will and knowing that was what you were doing. Pilate and Judas did what had to be done(Gods will) for prophecy to be fulfilled. Didn't Jesus sacrifice cover them too? Any thoughts or ideas? yard dog

• rebel
    rebel

This is somethng I have often wondered about. You can't get away from the fact that Judas HAD TO betray Jesus in order for God's plan to work out. So really, Judas didn't have a choice - he had to do it. God said this would happen, Jesus would be betrayed without any doubt, somebody had to betray him, and that somebody was Judas. If he hadn't gone ahead with it, God would have had to use someone else. The fact is, somebody had to do it becasue it was what God said would happen and he can't lie. This means that Judas was on a hiding to nothing! He really couldn't get out of it - it had to be done. I always though that was very unfair.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit