Scottish Convention Revelation!

by The Searcher 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

They really need to hear their comments repeated several times to get the silliness to sink in!

"very soon people will be ressurected...."

Say that a dozen times, and try not to laugh....

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Millions?

What about the Billions who have died???

At least get your lies straight.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

"Jehovah will very soon resurrect millions of people....."

Let's pick that statement apart, shall we?

First, "Jehovah"

"For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who recognizes the Son and exercises faith in him should have everlasting life, and I will resurrect him on the last day" - John 6:40

"No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him, and I will resurrect him on the last day" - John 6:44

"Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I will resurrect him on the last day" - John 6:54

"Jesus said to her: “I am the resurrection and the life" - John 11:25

"because the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God’s trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first" - 1 Thess 4:16

Next, "will very soon resurrect millions of people"

"And they came to life and ruled as kings with the Christ for 1,000 years. (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the 1,000 years were ended.) This is the first resurrection." - Rev 20:4,5

According to JW doctrine, the 144,000 are resurrected first. That's not millions. Those may be the only ones that qualify for the "will very soon" portion of that statement. Paul refers to this as "the earlier resurrection"

"to see if at all possible I may attain to the earlier resurrection from the dead." - Phil 3:11

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

In 2007 a Circuit Overseer gave a talk in a my congregation and said the following:

"don't think that you can study in the university to enjoy your career, because the end will be in 10 years yet. So don't think that you will have 10 years to enjoy this world. "

• Half banana
    Half banana
    “Millions will very soon be resurrected” is even more implausible than “Millions now living will never die.”
  • Quarterback
    Quarterback

Funny, I thought that the Scottish would have used different words to emphasize "soon"

Like start off with : "It will come in a wee bit soon"

Very close : "Friggin soon"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit