What did you get called?

by Fe2O3Girl 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

TR's expression

'Hovah

which he picked up from a friend that used to call him that set me thinking about the things that I got called when I was a JW kid. One term of abuse was "Jew" which is weird and creepy. Why should that have been seen as a put down by the kids in my school? They used to throw pennies in front of me (you know Jews - penny pinching, hahaha, NOT).

One name that makes me laugh now is "Hovis". Hovis is a brand of bread in the UK. The kids that called me that used to follow me around humming the advertising theme, which is the Pastoral symphony.

I knew of other kids in my congregation who got called Bon Jovi, or Jon Bon Jovi. Ho ho. It seems that the name calling that kids like best involve some elaboration on top of the name itself (songs or actions).

What did you get called at school?

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

weirdo, freak, freckle freaked frog face,

kids are so cruel

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

hobo-witness, homo-witness, bible thumper, door knocker, horsey-long-legs

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

LOL

My children's Father used to call us Drumroll please DRrrrrrrrrrrr

*** JEHOVAH'S NIT WITS***

Which he found very funny and I have a good sence of humor so I would kinda laugh too!

But I was not a child....my children hated this and would make faces at him

• Xander
    Xander

'Jovie', which was really irritating as it was the most common.

'Jo-Hovie' from the slightly more educated.

'Jo-Homo' from the slightly less educated.

'Jehovahs Waitresses', which turns out, is actually the name of a band now.

'Jew' was surprisingly common, and not as a variant of the j.w. name, either, many actually thought we WERE Jews when we didn't celebrate Christmas.

'Jew-knocker', which was apparently in reference to our religion, being jew-like (not celebrating christmas, which, to kids, is apparently all the jewish religion requires different from christianity), but knocking on doors, as well. Usually we only got called this by classmates we ran into at the door.

And, of course, a number of other that didn't really have anything to do with the name of the religion at all, but just general cruelness.

(It's amazing, really, that looking back, I still actually ENJOYED going to school.)

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

"Jew-hovah's Witness" was a name I was frequently called, right before I unleashed the wicked right cross. LOL

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Jehovah Shitless...that was a favorite by the local neighborhood bully...he would run up behind, push you and then yell that while laughing.

• Xander
    Xander

Hmmm...this might become a bad thread to keep up on if I want to sleep peacefully tonight.....

• LB
    LB

Dub, simple enough. In fact I called myself a dub instead of the normal "one of Jehovah's witnesses"

• meadow77
    meadow77

Well this is not one of my own, but my uncle always likes to tell my stepmom that she's in the witness protection program.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit