Evolution is not even a theory! So says the WTBTS writing dept!!

by DATA-DOG 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Has anyone read the new Awake ragazine?? It's a doozy!! I thought we had a thread concerning this subject, but I can't find it.

Anyway, here is great letter posted on Reddit about the theory of evolution.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/3cahx0/my_jw_elder_father_asked_me_whether_evolution_is/

DD

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Biological evolution isn't a theory anymore its an accepted and proven science.

Its was a proposed theory in Darwin's day.

• Syme
    Syme

Oh, man, not again. Not another anti-evolution loony article. I won't be able to read not even one line.

It is funny that my jw father, who is also pro-science, tries to match WT and evolution together. He hopes that WT will come in terms with the proven facts of evolution, some day. Like that's gonna happen; in 50-80 years perhaps...

• maksutov
    maksutov

Finkelstein: Biological evolution isn't a theory anymore its an accepted and proven science.Its was a proposed theory in Darwin's day.

The word 'theory', when applied to a scientific theory, does not mean what most people think it means. Biological evolution by natural selection is a theory, and always will be. It is also a fact. A scientific theory is not just a guess, a hunch, or a hypothesis - it is a model that explains how and why something works.

• Zoos
    Zoos

Didn't jw.org come out with an article not too long ago that said there is no such thing as a gay person... just slightly confused heterosexuals?

I guess when Watchtower deems something to be wrong they simply disacknowledge it's existence.

"Evolution is wrong. It's not even a theory."

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Zoos - "I guess when Watchtower deems something to be wrong they simply disacknowledge it's existence."

Frankly, I'm amazed sometimes that they acknowledge that the Earth orbits the Sun.
  • The Marvster
    The Marvster

I'm amazed too... the father actually said that he is 'open' minded, and says that he has NEVER heard anyone explain this; this seems to imply that he has asked many people to explain it, including many scientists in the field, checked all the available text books, documentaries, published articles etc etc, and found that NOBODY is able to explain this. Which JW could ever have the time to do this with all the studying of the watchtower materials they have to do which consumes all their time? where did his dad find time to do all this research...? The arrogance of the JW mentality; make an enormous sweeping statement, having done very little research into the matter, and that sweeping statement MUST BE THE IRREFUTABLE TRUTH.. if anyone challenges you on it, just dismiss them without hearing what they have to say.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Yep their right , it's now a fact.
  • JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    A theory is a model that explains natural processes in some cases there are competing models or theories that could explain how something works. An example of this is Physics where there are many mathematical models that can be used to explain the same process. So far there is no competing theory to evolution so although it may be tweaked here and there it is accepted to be generally true.
  • SimonSays
    SimonSays

Since that thread is from an EXJW, does this mean you’re against an EXJW opinion? Don’t you people like stick together. What are people supposed to do when they read your threads, that all of you are bitter liars. Make up your mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh! By the way DD before you start with your commoner insults, right back at you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit