My Son

by Windchaser 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

I have three living children. One I gave up for adoption, so I never hear from him. My only daughter doesn't speak to me because she hated being a jw and hated me for forcing it on her. She ran away when she was fifteen and has never forgiven me.

My youngest, Greg, joined the Navy and has been stationed on the East Coast for over a year. I was such a rotten mother and I hadn't heard from him since this past February. He is married now and although I know he is busy with his own life, I couldn't help but think that he hates me like my daughter does. I sent him a Christmas card and honestly didn't think I would be hearing from him.

He called me yesterday. He thanked me for the card. I told him how I'm working two jobs now and plan to get our car road-ready soon and get my license. He sounded sincerely happy for me. He made E-4 and will be deployed next year. He told me that his wife is expecting, she is 7-1/2 weeks pregnant. What was the most wonderful thing about this conversation was that he told me he loved me. He was concerned about me. He is what I wanted my little boy to become when he became a man. I can't tell you how proud I am of him and how happy I am that one of my children really seems to like me. Geez, I want to cry!

• kelpie
    kelpie

((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

It is the best feeling when you hear your children tell you they love you.

I have 3 step children so it is really special when I hear it from them. I know they really mean it..

Kelp (who reaches for a tissue)

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

(((Wind))) Yay you!

Sometimes it just takes time...... I'm learning this slowly.

By the way, I could another mother :)

• Robdar
    Robdar

Aw, ((((((Winchaser)))))

You are making me want to cry too. There is nothing sweeter than the love of our children.

Love,

Robyn

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Geez you got me crying!!! Here's a ((((hugs))))

Windchaser,

Thanks for sharing this with us....so many here have been seperated from family and friends and here you have a true story of hope.

I didn't meet my biological dad till I was 21 and all my life I thought he hated me. When we finaly met and spoke I found out all his reasons for how he handled things and learned all about his life. I only had one child then and even moved in with him and his wife and my siblings for 6 months. A few years later he died of cancer.....how very blessed we were to spend that time and get to know each other.

Let us all know when you are offical grandparent and how things go.

I am sure your daughter will oneday come around too...knowing you are no longer JW....and you can all heal and be a family again!!

I think yours is the best post I read today!!

Thankz Sugar!!!

agape,

Utopian_Raindrops

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Windy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Way to go!
    I'm happy fer ya!
    Fond Regards,
    Jim TX
  • LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

That is wonderful Wind,about your son,,,,,,,,but,,,, it must be hard to not have all your children in your life.

Mine are still young and at home, I cry just thinking about the day when they move on with their lives. I am sure they will have some terrible horror stories to remind me of, which I dread but hopefully we can laugh and be close still.

I am sure hope the best for you Wind, you truly are a sweetheart........... hugs Dede

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

You just made my heart drop! I wish you all the best with your relationship with your son, and I hope your daughter comes to her senses. You sound like a strong women.

By the way Happy Holidays.

• jurs
    jurs

Windchaser,

Your post tugged at my heart and hit home. I have had an on again off again relationship with my mom for the past 13 years. I haven't talked to her for a year.

She was very mean and would say such cruel things. She once told me I was so ugly I had worms crawling out of me. That was typical. EVERYDAY was hell. She was abused as a child and had mental issues as well. She olny seems to know how to hurt people.

With that being said, I could forgive her in a heartbeat if she would have said to me what you had wrote. I believe you had admitted that you hadn't been the best mother. You acknowledged that!!

Have you ever tried to write or call your daughter and tell her your sorry. That you know you hurt her and that you weren't the mother she needed you to be. Acknowledging hurt and apologizing can be a beginning step. You may need and want love from your daughter but you have to be a parent and give it first, with the risk that it may not be returned. I bet your daughter is hurting too.

I'm now a mom. I have 2 daughters. 12 and 13. I haven't been the perfect mom. I became a JW and therfore there went holidays and worldly association. I feel guily about taking away special childhood moments. I've told them I'm sorry. I think saying sorry and listening , really listening and acknowledging someone elses hurt can heal any relationship.

I hope things work out with your daughter and yourself. Someone said that there is nothing greater than the love of your child. I dissagree, the love you give of yourself to your child is greater.

jurs

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I think I owe my mum an email...I've not been a very good daughter lately.

Thanks Windy for your post.

Hugs.

~Beck~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit