Double Edge

Nice tree ... where's the snow

• hippikon
    hippikon

so you murderd a tree huh !

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Steph,

It's always good to see your newsy pics. What would this board be without them! If I don't get to see you before Xmas, have a great one, won't you.

To Stephanus and family,

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

From Ozzie and Mrs Ozzie

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Ozzie: Thanks muchly! And the same to you and Mrs Ozzie.

Hippi: The tree pulled an axe first; it was self-defense!

Double Edge: 6 months before the snow arrives...

Funch: Unfortunately, as is always the case at this time of year, quite warm, actually!

• no one
    no one

Yep--I sent my brood out for a tree as well. Unfortunately, living in the desert with few trees, they returned sometime later with an 8' Sonora Cactus. Watered that sucker for 5 days before it finally quit sucking up the moisture.

Spent 3 days after decorating it getting spines out of my hands and arms. Oh--if only I could find an excuse for not celebrating Christmas.

• Celia
    Celia

Beautiful tree Stephanus. What tree is that ? Nothing like it around here in our Vermont woods...

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

No-one: Sounds like you have the same basic problem we have here: no native pine trees. This one was grown up in the mountains behind where I live - gets colder than down here on the coast.

Celia: I'm assuming it's just a bog-standard radiata pine. We don't have a huge choice of such things here. My wife tells me that there are huge US Christmas sites that go into great detail about things like choosing the right species of tree. Here, you can get any tree you want, as long as it's radiata!

• onacruse
    onacruse

<------hopes that Stephanus realizes the Hislopian ramifications of what he's done

Way cool, Steph!

Craig

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit