KM Official Explanation of Counting Time

by Funchback 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jimbob
    jimbob

Reports may reveal that an aspect of the ministry needs attention or that more workers are needed in a certain part of the field. In the congregation, field service reports help the elders identify those with potential to expand their ministry as well as those who may need assistance.

This is a crock of sh*t! These reports are used for elders and COs to continually show everyone that you're not doing enough by getting the "average" hours in. How many times have we heard from the platform.."don't compare yourself to others when it comes to the ministry"......but then in the same breath they say..."you should be getting in at least the average which is 10 hours a month like everyone else in the U.S. is doing". Then on top of that, they tell you how poor little sister so-and-so in the war torn area of such-and-such, with 5 kids, no husband, a shack for a house, and no money gets in 45 hours a month and conducts 4 bible studies. And of course they mention how easy we have it in this country so pioneering and getting 70 hours a month should be a breeze for EVERYONE!! This is a good part of the reason why my wife and I left. We were extremely sick and tired of constantly being told we were never doing enough in service. Both from the platform and the publications. If you get 1 or 2 hours, you're weak. If you get 5 or 6, then you should put forth more effort and get 10. If you get 10 or more...WHY AREN'T YOU PIONEERING?" Years of listening to this crap finally took a toll and we left. Of course this isn't the only reason, but a good part of it. GOD i'M GLAD TO BE FREE OF THAT CRAP!!!!!!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    In the congregation, field service reports help the eldres identify those with potential to expand their ministry as well as those who may need assistance.

In other words, they're checking up on you and will "encourage" you to do more. It's all about control.

He knows whether each publisher is having a regular, meaningful, and joyful share and is quick to offer assistance if any have not participated for an entire month.

So what's the point in the report? If the BSO knows whether you're in service, there's no valid point for the report. Again, it's all about control.

The old green "Jehovah's Witnesses in the Divine Purpose" book published in the 1950s explicitly states that reporting was introduced to check up on the publishers.

Thanks for posting this, Funchback

Cheers, Ozzie

Edited by - ozziepost on 11 December 2002 17:26:31

• rebel
    rebel

This is one of my main gripes.

No matter how good or decent & hardworking a person you are, no matter how loving and caring, you don't measure up to being a true Christian (JW style) if you don't put in enough hours. They judge you by your hours. I don't care how many times I am told by the elders that they don't - THEY DO. They don't take into account any of the other things you do. You may be a good listener, always ready to help those in need, generous and kind, helpful and loving, but none of this matters! They just want to see high hours and nothing else will get them off your back! It really makes me sick.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    It's all about control.

Never forget this. Everything the GB does is about control. From field service time, meeting attendance to disfellowshipping policies to what people do in their privacy of their home. These people are control freaks who get their jollies by knowing they control every aspect of millions of people's lives. Nothing is more important to them.

• Funchback
    Funchback

Thanks, joe!

Hey, RunningMan... You are correct! Those counts were just estimates, not exact. Good point.

• jack2
    jack2

Good post and replies. Yes, as rebel mentioned, it's hours reported in service, above just about everything else, that are used to judge a person's spiritual worth.

Also, as mentioned, there is no indication in the bible that hours need to be reported.

I have had discussions with several jws over the past few years, none of which were initiated by me, in which these jws said that they did not agree with the need to report time spent in service.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Well shoot, if I'd known then that all I had to do was lie about my hours I would have made elder a long time ago.

Actually that is a frightening thought. Show up one or two Saturdays a month just to be seen, then add in 20 or so hours a month of family or informal studying/witnessing and you have instantaneous "spiritual maturity."

• Funchback
    Funchback

jimbob-

What you said is funny, sad, and true all at the same time.

• Funchback
    Funchback

ozzie- You said:

The old green "Jehovah's Witnesses in the Divine Purpose" book published in the 1950s explicitly states that reporting was introduced to check up on the publishers.

I never knew that. Thanks for that info!

• Farkel
    Farkel

funch,

You have elegantly proven a simple point that has been my mantra for years: The WTS is all about having their dupes sell their stupid and worthlesss books! That ENTIRE religion is about selling books to loyal and stupid dubs (they get their profit at that moment) and when loyal and stupid dubs RE-sell them to dummies they meet in field service (then they can get MORE profit) for their totally worthless books!

If they got their books right, then they wouldn't need new ones, would they? Think about THAT.

What more evidence is needed to prove that the Watchtower-Book-Selling Corporation is anything other than a book-selling religion who also claims to speak for GOD?

Farkel, who prefers Mozart to this crap. Mozart never sold any books. He gave us inspiration and beauty. Can you do THAT, Ted Jaracz? No you can't. You sell hate and you ruin families. You should learn from Mozart. He helped people and he inspired them to be GREAT. You don't. His music will live for centuries, and when you are dead and buried, no one will give a fuck, Teddy.

I spit on you, Jaracz and I'm embarrassed I wasted my spit. There are better ways to use my spit than on you, Teddie boy.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit