Enter your ZIP Code
    Have one to sell?
    Don't have one?
    We'll set one up for you.

Wine For Dummies
    by Ed McCarthy , Mary Ewing-Mulligan , Piero Antinori

Look inside this book
    List Price: $21.99
    Price: $15.39 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. See details.
    You Save: $6.60 (30%)

Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours Used & new from $13.86

Edition: Paperback | All Editions

See more product details

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day pettygrudger,

You're right, I prefer the robust taste of a shiraz. The French and Italian reds are too thin for my palate, a bit like cordial! But, seriously, they're OK sometimes, like when it's very hot.

A good red leaves tannin on the inside of the bottle and tastes.....ummmm.....or as Mrs Ozzie says "Boy, that's nice!"

ALL the reds I've posted about would be about US$20 a bottle or less. Certainly the Jacobs Creek would be.

Cheers, Ozzie

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Big Tex and I bought a bottle today! It's available at Sigel's in Texas. We'll let you know our thoughts (if we have any left after splitting the bottle).

Love,

Nina

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Firstly where can i find this appostate resteraunt of yours to experience its dining pleasures ???

G'day Bath, old son,

Let's say that the Bethelites could find it easily!

It's been a haven for Mrs Ozzie and I during many a trying time and we've been happy to meet other fellow posters and lurkers there. It's good to know that there are some non-Dubs who are appalled at the actions of the Borg and offer much sympathy to those who are abused by it.

Besides, they have the best chef in the west! so it's worth coming from the highlands to enjoy the delights.

Cheers, Ozzie

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Thanks Ozzie! (And Ruby - how was I supposed to know that such a book existed) - know what I'm asking for for Christmas

• Xander
    Xander

Know what - I think we've had that exact one! (Well, not that EXACT bottle, but the same label/vintage).

We have a lovely restaurant up here near the city (Cleveland) in a rather artsy district called 'The Lemon Grass'. They do the most INCREDIBLE Thai cuisine you can get (well, at least, off the west coast). Anyway, Thai food is VERY, VERY intense flavor, so a dry(er) wine is much appreciated with it.

So, Mrs Ozzie and I sought solace at the Apostate Restaurant tonight. How pleasant to be with 'normal' people who aren't bound by cultist rules but are simply human.

It never ceases to amaze me how comforting this is.

There is very little wrong with the world that a quiet evening out in a nice restaurant to enjoy a LONG dinner can't fix, at least, for a little while. And, I mean LONG dinner, several hours *at least* - just talking, sipping wine, enjoying fine food and atmosphere....

Edited by - Xander on 11 December 2002 17:7:15

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit