A WITNESS WEDDING GONE BAD

by hamptonite21 10 Replies latest jw friends

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

This is part of a email that my friend sent me, this is what happened at a witness wedding. Im LMFAO because the couple is so self rightoues, it couldnt happen better to anybody else. They say when"you spit it the wind it comes right back in your face"

Hmmmmmm..... I wonder what the next local needs talk is going to be?

XXXX got so drunk at the wedding that 3 couples left because of
    him. The elders want to talk to him because of his conduct. He acted like
    a jack ass and he was hitting on a girl that's married. He told her thank
    god their both married because she doesn't want to know the things he would
    do to her. He said this in front of everyone. the elders told XXX to
    control her husband but she said that she couldn't. So XXX(bride) and XXX(groom) ended
    up locking themselves in the bridal suite crying because their wedding was a
    disaster. They wouldn't come out until he left.

Edited by - hamptonite21 on 10 December 2002 16:59:13

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

so, what do you think's going to happen to this guy? (I've never been a dub)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

They will AT LEAST have a "special needs" talk about drunkeness.

He will likely have some "privileges" removed and be privately or publicly reproved, maybe even DFed.

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

HAhahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Well I am latin....stuff like that is considered part of the entertainment!!

Witness wedding or not....at a Real Latin American wedding...someone leaves with someones wife....more then one man is drunk picking up on the women.....there's always the Carmen Miranda type dancing around all the guys....

and if thier isn't a fight.....well the wedding is off...cause it's not a real marriage if thier wasn't a big ol brawel!!!

Oh and your mother in law has to be cursing you cause you stole her baby boy away from her and she had someone better in mind for him!

It's not a Wedding without the spice

• caligirl
    caligirl

Sheesh! Don't they know that a good little witness would NEVER serve alcohol at a large gathering so as to avoid "situations" such as this? After all, according to the way I understood it growing up, the bride & groom are the ones "responsible" because they did not "control the consumption" at their gathering.

Seriously though, I never did understand the idea of holding a host(ess) "scripturally" responsible for the actions of some idiot who doesn't know when to quit tipping the bottle. No one forced that guy to get plastered, and it certainly gave everyone a clear view of where his mind really is, and what his wife has to live with every day! Sort of cracks the facade of perfection! Actually, I think it would have been kind of funny to see it!

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

I remember one wedding where a guest (Jason, a former stoner guy in his late 20's but had the mentality of a 15 year old) at a very stuck up/self righteous couple went out and started jumping around on the dance floor making himself stand out above everyone else (he was actualy enjoying himself). What was really hilarious was he apparently didn't wear underwear that night. How do we all know that? While dancing around the entire place his pants came unzipped and little Jason came out and started greeting people. He didn't realize it at first and once he did he came over to me laughing his head off and quite loudly saying that the bride just saw the biggest d!@k that she'll see all night long.

God, I miss that guy!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I was asked to play piano at a wedding once - elder's son was getting married, and he was a friend. I had a crush on his brother, and may I say now I am SOOOO glad that one didn't work out! Well, the bride didn't know me so she was jealous and didn't want me to be a part of the wedding (I was visiting from out of town and was asked to play piano the day before the wedding). After the rehearsal dinner the maid of honor went out with the best man and was a maid no more (turned up pregnant 3 months later and tried to abort the baby by drinking a bottle of vodka in one sitting). At the reception the groom's disfellowshipped brother was serving drinks. It was quite a zoo! I can't hear "Evergreen" now without shuddering. That was what the bride wanted for her walk down the aisle, and I guess the groom's dad was powerful enough to pull that off in a Kingdom Hall. Don't know if anyone got in trouble besides the maid of honor. Marriage didn't last but the bride was a total bitch (which we told the groom up until the walk down the aisle) and he's better off without her.

Nina

• ronin1
    ronin1

Whether a JW or not, I do not see anything wrong with serving just regular beverages: soda, juice, water, etc. at a wedding.

The hosts (bride and groom) really do not know how much persons are going to drink and cannot really control their drinking.

When my husband and I got married, we decided that for financial reasons and the reasons stated above, we would not serve liquor. We made sure we had enough food, beverages, great music and entertainment so that all our guests were happy and comfortable. After our wedding was over, we invited a small group of intimate, very close friends along with our family members back to my parents home for a "liquor/food party". It was much more controlled and we really enjoyed ourselves.

We have been married eight (8) years and still persons approach us and tell us how much they enjoyed our wedding ceremony and reception.

If your atmosphere is good, you do not need liquor.

Ronin1

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I can`t count how many "good dubs" I`ve seen,just "snockered" at dub wedding receptions,LOL!...OUTLAW

Edited by - OUTLAW on 13 December 2002 13:54:1

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Sounds like a typical Jehover Witnit gathering to me....a bunch get together, drink themselves blind and nothing is ever done about it!

Hey, it's the Witnit way!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit