Poll: Which is worse, Dubs or Morons???

by WingCommander 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Sangdigger
    Sangdigger

The mormans believe in 3 different heavens if you will. They use the scripture about the Cellestial, Terrestrial, and Telestial(did i spell that right) to prove that there are 3 different worlds were people go.. Of course the worlds go from the best (Cellestial) to the bottom one. And you guessed it, if your a Moron, you go to the top. If youre a unrepenant sinner, you go to the bottom world, wich according to Joseph Smith, is still like paradise. Good morons are eventually made a god, who rules over thier own world.

Doctrinally, i would say they are by far the most screwed up. They are definately what i would classify as a "works" religion. And the Dubs are much more legalistic. The morons charity thing is good, but what do you expect, comming from a multi-million dollar church corporation?

However, if youre ever in a pinch, and need your yard mowed, appliances moved, or any job around the house, the morman missionaries are most handy. All you have to do is express interest in one of their books, or videos, and bingo! Instant help. Pretty nice boys, just screwed up following false religion. Actually dont take my advice, you might have trouble getting rid of them.

• blondie
    blondie

Better the devil you know, than the devil you don't know.

Blondie

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

I lived in Utah for about 15 years. I'd have to say JW and Mormons are about the same. Both groups are zealots and are very hypocrital, but then there's good and bad in everything, right?

• nelly1
    nelly1

what it boils down to is, what does the creator want from us?? not any organised religion, nowhere in the bible does it say it has to be organised, all jesus did was sent our his apostles to tell people there was a better future than that under the yoke of the corrupt jewish religious leaders, and he didnt say to them right keep up the hours and pioneer I want you to pioneer and dont forget to put your report in the box and if u r a bad bad boy u will get publicly reproved and wont be able to answer at the meeting on sunday, or maybe i'l privately reprove you but you still cant answer or maybe if u really rreally bad youl get dissfellowshipped and you cant talk to me again until I say so.

think about it people, its not what its all about, god is a god of love, and he is the ONLY ONE WHO KNOWS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WEAKNESS AND WICKEDNESS, hes a reader of hearts we cant do that, so he is the best person to judge us, so at the end of the day the judging the saving and the destroying will be by him and only him at the hands of his wonderful son who was the most loving fair person that ever was, so no need to worry he has his finger on the pulse

love to all nelly

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I live in a small town. Town has a small hospital. Town has quite a few mormons. Some of them are arrogant and screwed up. However let me tell you a true story.

In this town was a war veteran "vietnam". He lived in a car in someones back yard in town. He got sick and came to the emergency room and was found to have a cancer in his shoulder / arm area. A local doctor treated him and the hospital and he did not charge the man anything. They got him to the veterans hospital in a larger town. They found they could not treat him and he would have to go to a larger veterans hospital in Spokane. He has no money and the vet. admin. will not help.

So. The hospital personel found someone in town to go bring him back. Now he has no money to leave town and go to Spokane. One of the nurses in the hospital, The sweetest caring person I know "other than me of course" goes to the mormon church. They buy the man a ticket to get to Spokane and they give him a little spending money. Then they stay with him and monitor him to make sure he gets on the bus. They call ahead and make arrangements to meet him at the bus in Spokane.

The Mormons are strange in lots of ways. But they do emphasize the importance of family and giving the children lots of attention. I admire them for that.

Would the jw's have helped this guy with the cancer? Hell no. We all know that. If I had to choose which one I would join, it would be the Mormons.

Outoftheorg

P.S. Only 3 heavens?? I thought there were 7 heavens or levels. Anyone know??

Edited by - outoftheorg on 10 December 2002 19:25:57

• meadow77
    meadow77

I couldn't find anything about multiple heavens, but I found this about their beliefs.

1. We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
    2. We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adams transgression.
    3. We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.
    4. We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.
    5. We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.
    6. We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.
    7. We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.
    8. We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.
    9. We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.
    10. We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon this the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.
    11. We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.
    12. We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.
    13. We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of PaulWe believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.
  • TorturedSoul
    TorturedSoul

Thers's a difference?????????

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

Well at least Mormons can sing. (Mormon Tabernacle Choir!!!!!!!!)

• Marcos
    Marcos

My son (19 years old) is a Mormon. I, an ex-bethelite. Interesting combo.

I have tried not to make it a big issue. He has to decide things for himself now. I have to say that the Mormons (here in Mexico) are a nice bunch of people. My son has made and maintained changes in his life that are very encouraging. For me, the good thing is that he no longer attends their church.

My son lost his father in a plane accident a few years ago. He was a crop dusting pilot who got involved in the drug trade (according to people that knew him; my son's mother has more or less told me the same). My son, Mario, came to me as a martial arts student and basically asked me to be his dad. I am proud to be his dad and look at him as my own flesh and blood. When he is asked at school by people that have known him and his dad how it is that I am his father he just says "he's my dad and that's that! Cool kid.

I made the effort to encourage him because I saw that he was avoiding a lot of things that are bad. The type of things that most teen-agers like to do. So, I attended a few meetings (especially the ones that had to do with moral behavior) to encourage him to learn what good behavior is and why he should avoid the "things of the world". Before this, I adamantly opposed him being in that cult. I still oppose it.

But, it is interesting that he seemed to lose interest when I went along to some meetings with him. Typical adolescent behavior. You can't like something if your dad likes it too!

The Mormons loved me! The bishop and the president went out of their way to accomodate me because, unlike most fathers here where I live, I take an active role in my son's life and development. Most dads just let them do whatever they want and encourage very poor behavior. I'll expand on that point if anyone is interested.

Funny thing is, they really thought they had a convert when I would comment on Bible topics. Especially the pauline scriptures. I'm still a big fan of Paul's writings. They kept after me to "get baptized". They sicked the missionaries on me. But, I told them that I have no interest whatsoever in becoming a Mormon and specifically told them that it is fine to come to my home but that I did not want to "study" with them. It is interesting, this is apparently a way to keep them away. If you are specific, at least here, they will not try to proselytize you.

I did a lot of research on the Mormons because I didn't know anything about them. I used the Internet and their own writings. There is no way I would ever get involved with them. My take on it is that the Mormons and the Witnesses are about the same, barring many doctrinal differences. An organization is an organization and seeks to perpetuate itsself right or wrong.

I did learn that very few of their teachings are based on the Book of Mormon. They seem to rely mostly on their other writings like The Pearl of Great Price and Doctrine and Covenants as well as on the on-going revelations of their "prophets". Many of these teachings directly contradict the B o M.

Like the witnesses, they are nice people sheparded by wolves.

Their theology is at least as twisted and tortured as that of the witnesses.

As for the "love bombing" tactic, they use it too. Perhaps more so than the witnesses. But it IS finite. My son and his mother and other family members are sort of out in the cold now that they don't participate much.

I have had many talks with the bishop, a very kind and sincere man. He doesn't try to proselytize me (he tried but I told him how it is with me). But, he did show great concern for my son and his mother and syblings when we had a rough patch a few months ago. I like him and hope that eventually, he will see through the bs.

My son lives with me peacefully and I pray for him constantly. He now actually asks me questions about spiritual things without always throwing in the "Mormon" point of view. This is real progress.

Anyway, to sum it all up, like the witnesses, they are nice people but highly deceived.

Marcos

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit