I put up my first ever Christmas Tree

by Mackin 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisca
    Prisca

Beautiful tree, Beck, and it's HUGE ! (just like RF )

I haven't put up any decorations up at home, nor a tree. I guess after 30 years of conditioning, I still don't see the need for it. Maybe if I had kids perhaps, but not when you have two ex-jws who don't really put much emphasis on that kind of stuff. Bah humbug, LOL, hehehe.....

• Sirona
    Sirona

I just put up my tree too!!! ITs a real one, decorated with red and gold..... beautiful.....

So exciting.

Sirona

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

well then Merry Cristmas Mackin

it's going to be 2 teens one 11 year old and two 40 something kids at our house putting up a tree this weekend.

Edited by - imanaliento on 9 December 2002 13:0:16

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Congrats, Mackin:) This will be the first year our kids will have a tree, also. We're going to cut one off from their grandpa's property next weekend after I get done with my final exams.

We put up the stockings last weekend and did general decorating. When we started, the kids just kind of sat there. They didn't really know what to do. I started directing them to certain jobs, and then they started having a ball. But none of us realized how much there is to putting up decorations, and we petered out before we got them all up.Oh well, I guess we'll get to the rest this weekend:)

St. Nicholas came to visit us, and put ornaments and chocolates in our shoes (big kids, too). All of my kids are too old to believe in St. Nick, but we all have a great time pretending:) He even left us a note taped to the mantle, reminding us to leave a letter for his "brother" Santa Claus:) I got a Grinch key chain instead of chocolate, though-just shows what happens when you get greedy and put out your boots instead of a modest shoe (but St. Nick thought my boots were cool, anyway).

• Celia
    Celia

Debz, you say :

haven`t put mine up ..my 17 year old son is devastated!!!!!

Is he devasted because the tree is not up yet or because you're going to have a tree ?

Edited by - Celia on 9 December 2002 13:37:2

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Mackin, don't ya just love it!!! This is the 3rd Christmas for CC and I and we love it!!!

Beck, your tree is so pretty girl!!! Good job!

• Mulan
    Mulan

We didn't do a tree this year, because we will be gone for two weeks, starting Christmas Day, but yesterday I put up a long artificial evergreen garland across the fireplace mantle, and hung ornaments from it. Princess came and suggested I get some colored lights, and I had some, so we put those through it too. Then I got out my tiny ornaments, from the tiny tree we had last year, and the little Princess hung those for me, very artistically and balanced............and she is only 4. It looks so pretty. I just love it. If I can get my digital camera to work, I will take a photo later and post it.

Now, bring on the dubs. I dare them to come by. I also have a tiny Christmas tree my niece brought us on Thanksgiving, sitting on the hearth, and a Santa, who looks scaringly like a Pope, dressed as Father Christmas, all in white fur, right down to the chains around his neck. (stars not crosses though)

Edited by - mulan on 9 December 2002 14:17:51

• Kep
    Kep

Yay for you Mackin.

You must send us a pic.

Beck, your tree is wonderful, did you sing christmas carols as you were decorating it ?? Did you have your kiddies all around the tree helping you ?? I hope you cleaned your chimmney for Santa to slide down easily with his truckload of pressies for you all. A spider... eeeeek, you can have that place man !!

This year will be my first time putting up a tree, I have already started getting the decorations etc... I spoke to my neighbour who works in the forest, and he has selected a really nice tree that he will put in the back of his truck for me this week... yay and I don't have to pay for it. I just hope Santa doesn't dock me for helping myself hehehe.

I am really looking forward to this christmas as my baby will be 2 1/2 and she will really enjoy the whole experience. I have been learning some groovey christmas songs so that while we wait for our meal, I can sit with the families and play the guitar and sing some carols with them.

Good on ya Mackin.

Kep

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit