HELP!!! MY HUSBAND IS GETTING DF'd . . .

by Prisila 25 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

What would really be awful is if somebody stole the
    congregation's files (especially the judicial files, usually
    kept at the Kingdom Hall, as per the Society's instructions)
    and used them as leverage against the elders. Such files are
    often loaded with sensitive and explosive info.

It would be wrong. I can't recommend it.

metatron

• JT
    JT

ck your email

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Spinning off from what wednesday said about making an issue in the press about your husband being kicked out of his church for going off to defend his country...

It seems to me that he could make a big stink to have his df'ing reversed, on the grounds that he had already disassociated himself by his actions (i.e., joining the military). He might want to have his attorney send a letter to the elders (timed to arrive right after the df'ing announcement) demanding that they publicly rescind the df'ing and threatening suit if they don't. After all, at the time the allegations of apostasy arose, he was, under Watchtower doctrine, no longer a member of their group. Courts usually won't mess with internal religious affairs, but they might do so if a person's reputation was harmed by a religious group's violating its own rules.

You would still want to send out your letter, of course, explaining all of the above. Imagine the reaction of the congregation members when they get a letter from an "apostate" making such claims, and then the claims are vindicated by the rescinding of the df'ing! Even better, you might say in your letter something to the effect that, because of the unchristian conduct of the elders, your husband wants no further part of this organization.That way, when the disassociation is announced (after the df'ing is reversed), they might well perceive it as his reaction to the elders' actions, and not over the military issue.

I would also think that the press might be very interested in a scenario such as I've described. In any event, the circuit overseer is bound to be less than pleased by the turmoil it causes. Just a thought.

Edited by - NeonMadman on 9 December 2002 9:46:53

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Prisila,

First, I wish your surgery goes well. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Prisila}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you and your husband the best of luck. Have a wonderful new life without the WTS/JW. If you have any close relative who is a jw, good luck. Think of your husband's DF as getting freed from a cult.

By the way what is COC? Is it Church of Christ by any chance? My brother has a close friend who is a member of that church, and I think he, my bro, goes there time to time. I don't know anything about it. I heard a little bit from my bro, but they sound kinda cultish, too.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Have the last word. DA yourself. Write a short, to the point letter. CC: all your JW friends so they will know the real reason for you DA-ing yourself. Then The Elders cannot paint a one-sided picture of you once you are gone (which they will). You will have the last word.

Edited by - thichi on 9 December 2002 14:44:15

• Prisila
    Prisila

Thank you everyone for all the good suggestions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit