HELP!!! MY HUSBAND IS GETTING DF'd . . .

by Prisila 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisila
    Prisila

Hello everyone!!!

I've been detached from the board due to illness; I am having surgery this week. I have been very sick. But guys and gals I really need some feedback now.

My husband snuck to his judicial committee this past Thursday. I found out on a fluke that he attended because I called in sick to work that day. When he came back I saw him wearing a suit and I knew something was up. He told me he couldn't lie to me. He had planned to tell me after my surgery that the elders had committed him to a meeting. He did not know, when he accepted to go, that it would be his judicial committee.

Anyway, he decided not to hide and confront the situation. And so, HE WENT. The funny part is he joined the military, fulltime. And this was not even an issue with the elders. The biggest issue was that he read COC and believed it. He enlisted for 4 years and he is leaving in a month and they knew about it, somehow it leaked out, but it didn't faze them. They wanted to know how he "contaminated" himself and others by apostasy acts.

To make a long story short they disfellowshipped him. He now has a standard 2 week appeal. He was DF'd for apostasy. Interestingly, these people (the elders) are scared shitless of the circuit overseer so they're trying to "fix" this before he comes, trying to "clean" the congregation. Now they're hunting me down. I intend to play the "sick thing" as much as I can. After all, I am having surgery on Wednesday. I don't intend on meeting with them. I can't be DFd for not going to the meetings, although it wouldn't surprise me, if they did.

This is where you guys come in; I'd like to know what you guys think . . .

This is my plan:

I want to write a newsletter as if it were from the elder body or circuit overseer and send it to the whole congregation, you know make it look like their letterhead. I would send it to everyone except the elder-body, and ministerial servants. I know these people, the people in my ex-congregation; they're stupid enough to buy into the idea. Theyd say, "Thats weird but how nice," kind of a deal. They won't know what hit them, and by the time that happens they'll have read quite a bit. They're sooooo ignorant.

I want to cause chaos and havoc for the elders. I want the newsletter to talk about apostasy and I want to put info in there that is real and that will hopefully cause some questions, questioning, and/or doubts. Something like, "Stay away from apostasy, did you know . . .?"

I don't know if this makes any sense, it's a work in progress. I also want to "clear" my husband's name somehow. He was an elder and he's going down like an immoral person. In the real world if you do a crime your punished based upon the severity of the crime. Here, in their judicial committee everyone gets the same punishment. I want them to know he got booted just for doubting. I have two weeks to pull this together and mail it out to everyone in the congregation.

Let me be clear, I don't want to get my husband undisfellowshipped. I want to cause chaos. They told my husband to NOT speak of these lies to anyone. To not spread this vicious rumors about the Watchtower. After many years of faithful service my husband was cast-out and now he's the laughing stalk of the elder-body. I want revenge no matter how miniscule. I realize my husband is better out than in.

Their whole "high and holy" attitude just enrages me. And on some level it upsets me that the military thing wasn't even an issue. But reading COC was worse than bearing arms. Although, i understand that either had the same final result. Are they that shallow? Is it worse to doubt than to bear arms? They're stupid!!!!! If they were going to use one of these they should have taken the military thing. Anyway, I am being silly. It doesn't matter anymore. I support my husband completely and I am happy he is finally free!

Anyway, I need "yays" or "nays." What do you guys think? I really don't want to hear, "let it go and move on." I want advice on how I can pull it off or what information I can put in my newsletter. My husband is already DFd. It will be announced in two weeks. They cannot touch him anymore. So, let's have fun with it, I think. I intend to play the innocent one, and unknowing wife it may or may not work but I don't care. I just want to cause chaos . . . am I crazy?

If you have any suggestions please post here or email me at [email protected]

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Well, on the one hand, it would be as funny as hell. But it wouldn't really solve anything for the dubs, who are enslaved as one can be to the watchtower, and would only become part of the lore of the apostate.

Still, what the hell, go for it.

CZAR

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

In all honesty an appeal committee usually upholds the first committee's decision and the congregation will probably not read anything u send them or it will have little or no effect.

This is a cult and u cannot win this way imo. I'm sorry.

Path

• freedom96
    freedom96

I like the way you think. This is the way I look at it:

If you can cause just a little doubt in the minds of a few, then you have done a job well done. I don't care how "strong" someone is "in the truth", I firmly believe that even the smallest amount of doubt will forever haunt them.

If you do it, please absolutely post it here for our enjoyment, and let us know what happens.

• minimus
    minimus

There's nothing that you can do! Just be supportive of your husband and heal, in more ways than one.

• kelpie
    kelpie

Go for it!!! One life freed is better then nothing...

Put quotes out of COC book in the letter??

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I would avoid creating a letter that appears to be from the bOrg... that could lead to legal problems.

However, if you decide to go forward with another letter, you might want to use the following quotes:

If any one knows anything better, let him take it. If any of you ever find anything better I hope you will tell us.
    --Watchtower 12/1/90 P.19

"Can there be false religion? It is not a form of religious persecution for anyone to say and to show that another religion is false. It is not religious persecution for an informed person to expose publicly a certain religion as being false, thus allowing persons to see the difference between false religion and true religion."
    -- Watchtower 11/15/63, p.688

"We need to examine, not only what we 'personally' believe, but also what is taught by any religious organization with which we may be associated. Are its teachings in full harmony with God's Word, or are they based on the traditions of men? If we are lovers of Truth, there IS NOTHING TO FEAR FROM SUCH AN EXAMINATION. It should be the sincere desire of every one of us to learn what God's will is for us, and then to do it.-John 8.32"
    -- The Truth that leads to Eternal Life, P.13

Edited by - Elsewhere on 8 December 2002 23:51:32

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

Hey, I'd say go for it! Look at it this way, even if all you do is make the resolve of some of the JW's in your hall it would still be worth it. Why? Well, you talked about how the elders were running scared because of the impending CO visit, imagine if they had to deal with something like what you're doing. You may not be able to help anyone out but you will be able to screw those elders very well which, in my opinion, would be well worth it.

Also don't forget physical damage to the KH. If you have any access to baby diapers smearing really dirty ones on the door handles is fun when you do before a nighttime meeting because they often won't notice it on there until its too late. Have you considered pouring some gas and their grass? If poured out in a certain patterns letters can appear which can allow you to tell the world exactly what you think of them. Imagine what the CO would think of the congregation if when everyone was pulling up to the KH wooden toothpicks were superglued into every lock on the building!

Not that I've ever done any of this stuff, of course, its just some idle ideas that float through my head and I can't be held responsible if you do any of this stuff. I'd also imagine that you'd have a better chance of doing it during the daytime so you don't look suspicous. I mean, people come and go at KH's all the time so why would they pay attention to just another person there? Its also pretty much impossible to go after someone based on their car unless someone gets a license plate number. Even better if your car is similiar to a regular pioneer's.

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Prisila,

I have to agree with CZAR.

If you expect a reaction from the cong ,where they are so shocked of why your husband is dissed....don't hold your breath!

Most JW's would not be surprised that a person is being expelled just for doubts. Besides, your husband signing up for enrollment in "Satan's Organiztion" (that's what I was told as a young women by JW when I was dating a servicemen) would only in thier eyes make the elders seem justifiyed.

So there is no way of vindicating your husband in the eyes of these brainwashed "sheep like"people. For most when a person is dissed not even thier so called close friends want to come and see what happened. They just cut you right off. Always the elders were right....and if the elders some how made a mistake they don't care ether! They figure if you love Jehovah you'll come back and if you don't come back...you never loved God! Never thinking that your spirit could be broken from such a un-loving ritualistic abuse. I was blessed to be one who did not loose 3 friends and some others on-line...but this is rare.

This is not suposed to be a Fraturnity where you have to jump through hoops and humiliate yourself to belong! It is suposed to be a Religion that shows the LOVE of The Christ and thus reflect the LOVE of God. Although I agree no Imperfect humans can do this task perfectly.....I have to say in the name of SPIRITUAL CLEANESS...the JW faith have made themselves one of the least loving...least merciful Religions on the face of the earth....with only a few individuals spred through out who reflect Our Saviors Kindness,mercy,love,and grace.

Speaking of kindness and grace ...what i think would be better then your origanal letter plan( as you will never recieve sastisfaction from these people) would be to send a letter with Bethel Letter head...explaning that Tribulation was at hand ...explane all the apostisay that has seeped into Jah's org....what constitutes an Apostate......via WTBS defination...so it is clear how stupid it is......and anounce a special meeting at an ungodly early hour at the assembly hall that saturday....make sure thier letters will arive on the friday the day b4 that saturday.Be sure to put in the letter that the bible gives the exact date of tribulations start and finish...which will be announced and explaned at this special assembly day.

Even if they don't bite about the special meeting....they will have read the entire letter and know what a crock "The Apostate Inquesitions" are.

Be Sure to quote WT and other Publications on what being an Apostate is.

Just my 2 cents worth...or less...always remember...No Refunds!

agape,

bye bye 4 now

Utopian_Raindrops

• Carmel
    Carmel

If you create even one little doubt in someone, the chaos is worth the effort. Although I have no ideas to share with you, I suppport your effort to get some small satisfaction out of your attempt. I wouln't be too concerned about legal ramifications as the JUU's are not want to start a public issue that would come back on them in spades.

"Two thumbs up"

Carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit