Doubts that led to your departure

by JH 18 Replies latest jw friends

• target
    target

There were so many things but the biggest for me for years was the concept of "New Light". There would be no need for it if things were right the first time around and if it was from Jehovah, it would have been right. The second thing was the idea that elders were appointed by Holy Spirit. Yeah, right.

Millie

• JT
    JT

THE GENERATION DOGMA WAS THE CRACK IN THE DIKE FOR ME

• LB
    LB

What event made you realize that you were serving a phony organization, and what was the turning point that made you see clear?

Phony people got me started. It was hard to believe that they were going to be the only ones left.

I wasn't in long when the generation change came about. That was a huge selling point for me when I got dunked. Stupid stupid me.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

The goddamn hypocrites that make up "da brudderhood"

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I had been in the hospital in September 1999, again in November 1999 for one week and at the end of November 1999 and in those three stays two witnesses came to see me one at my home and one at the hospital. Not one elder. Not one elders wife. And the only reason the one person came to visit was because my ex told them in the auto while in the service I was in the hospital. My ex was hardly ever there. He was out in the service more. I didn't care anyway cuz everytime he came he would try and delibrately upset me. But those who came to see me were people who were not JWs and they brought me gifts and news papers and crosswords puzzles. cards. Theys knew what I liked the witnesses didn't know, even my own husband didn't know. He didn't even bring me anything. Doubts, no caring no loving. I had been seeing it go on for a long time, but kept dismissing it. But I was talking to sister after I got home from the hospital and she told me of her experience with our own elders and her little boy in the hospital. She had had a real blow up with our elders about it. I told her I have basically had it, I have seen it go one for years. I see class distinctions and I've seen that if only you have money then you are a somebody in the kingdom hall. The least you have the more you are forgotton. I know the elders make daily checks to see what Jehovah's Witnesses are in the Hospital too. To ignore one of your own is disgusting. I told this sister in so many words I was truly disappointed with what I was seeing in the organization as a whole. I have seen much go on over the years as many of you have seen also. Especially when your father is an elder.

When I began to see the lack of love being displayed, which is the paramount quality of a true Christian I began to doubt . Oh don't get me wrong some do have great love and care But for the most part it is gone. It was not an over night decision, I agonized over this for a long long time and I suffered a lot of pain around my heart, but I knew I had to do something cuz it was slowly killing me inside. I needed to leave after being in for 38 yrs it was a difficult battle. But once I made up my mind I have not looked back and I have no regrets.

With much love

Orangefatcat

Love Orangefatcat.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

That list would be a long one indeed. But basically all the rules, can't do this, can't do that. A JW has to worry about everything, not being able to reason, and having to go to the elders or do research in the WT publication before a decision could be made. Their attitude towards women in general. The blood issue, always being discussed, why we couldn't have a blood transfusion, and studying endless books about why we couldn't celebrate this, celebrate that...the WT is Legalism, Inc.

• rebel
    rebel

Seeing a group of old men reduce a perfectly respectful woman to a gibbering wreck and then patting themselves on the back for it - that just about did it for me!

• rem
    rem

Pharisaical rules and the 607/587 issue did it for me.

rem

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

607 vs 587 BCE was what got me daring enough to question other little things that bothered me in the past but I was so convinced it was the only way to please Jehovah God by staying in that organization. When the new light was shed on the generation was published I started having some doubts back than but I just put them in the back of my mind, other little things along the way. When I did research on the 607 BCE and it proved false I then got the courage to read C of C and that was it I knew I had to get out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit