Requested to have all the shepherding concerns in writing.

by quincemyles 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• quincemyles
    quincemyles

I have not turned in a single field service report this year. I decided not to, after noticing the simple flaw in the calculation of 1914. The implications are huge, i.e the appointment of the FDS is a fraud. I some days ago informed them of the private watchtower documents that are in my possession courtesy of the Royal commission. Today they informed me that they wished to make a shepherding call on me. I immediately stated the conditions under which I would make myself available.

1) I told them to put all shepherding concerns in writing and submit a week before the actual shepherding call. I would have time to look at the material and reply to them in writing. After that would there be an oral session of the shepherding call, to discuss only what is in writing. I referenced the books of Luke, Acts and Timothy as examples of individual Elders writing to individual Christians. The elder responded that for the 15 years he has been an Elder he has not received any guideline on putting shepherding concerns in writing. Besides the bible, he said i should follow the guidelines of the FDS. Well i said, if you really want to call on me, you have to at least be considerate of my requests.

2) Knowing their insistence on the two witness rule, i requested that there only be one elder during that call on me. I am not comfortable talking to two elders, i stressed. He said if only i was an elder i would know that they receive direction from the FDS to be in pairs when making shepherding calls. I again referenced the letters of Luke to Theophilus and Paul to Timothy. It was individual elders to individual Christians. No pairs there. I requested for similar treatment. He said: "we'll be back."

• millie210
    millie210

Respectfully requiring they follow your terms instead of their habitual comfort zone way of doing things. I really like the scriptural references you used too.

Great job quincemyles.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Good luck Quincemyles, keep up the pressure on them, they like to put the pressure on to the poor JW they are "shepherding" .

No reason why you should not insist that if they want two Elders present, you even things up by having your Lawyer there, and he or she takes notes/recordings of all that is said.

I heard of a guy who did this in my very own Congregation, I didn't realise at the time what the hell was going on, but the Elders just backed off, said he had " gone Legal", and let him fade peacefully away. His son, and then his wife drifted off too, Result !

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    quincemyles: again referenced the letters of Luke to Theophilus and Paul to Timothy. It was individual elders to individual Christians. No pairs there. I requested for similar treatment. He said: "we'll be back".

This was very smart. I'm genuinely curious as to how they will go about combating your well thought out demands.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    If you dont want to be DF'd then you should do everything to avoid telling them specifics that can and will be used against you.
  • Magnum
    Magnum

I might change my mind, but right now it seems that you're giving them the impression that they have some kind of control over you - that you have to answer to them.

I think that when they say they want to do a shepherding call on you, you should just casually (as if you're only giving it fleeting thought) say "oh, no thanks. I appreciate the thought, though", and then walk away (if you're physically in their presence). I would only go the hardball route if they press the issue.

I saw an elder here in my area a few weeks ago when I was getting lunch at a sandwich shop. He asked how I was doing. It seemed that he really wanted to start a conversation about why I'm not going to meetings, etc. I simply answered "Oh, fine." He didn't say another word.

• quincemyles
    quincemyles
    I am a fan of Angus Stewart. Steel hand in a velvet glove. I am around the jw community to help a few to know the Truth about the Truth.
  • cognac
    cognac
    I'm with SSC. Let us know how they wind up responding.
  • Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

' ... Today they informed me that they wished to make a shepherding call on me...'

Let us not forget what 'shepherding' really is.

'Sheep herding'

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free
    If you tell them you want your own witness to the meeting and will be recording it . Letting the recording be your witness. They will not meet with you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit