Any other epileptics out there?

by BluesBrother 13 Replies latest social physical

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

For some years I have taken the medication following the diagnosis . For the last four years I had been free of fits and I was able to drive again .

Yesterday it just happened again , no apparrent reason it just hit me and I feel worried about the future as well as thouroughly useles

• Shakita
    Shakita

BluesBrother:

My daughter has rolandic epilepsy. She will probably outgrow it the doctors say. But the seizures are very scary things.

I really don't know too much about adult epilepsy. Try to hang in there. Have you talked to your doctor about the meds you are taking. I know when my daughter had breakthrough seizures the doctor would up her meds(which is tegretol). She hasn't had any now for over a year.

Maybe you need to up or change your meds? You should talk to your doctor. Take care of yourself.

Mrs. Shakita

• ugg
    ugg

how sad for you....maybe need a med change!!! sending hugs,,,

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance
    I feel worried about the future as well as thouroughly useles

I can understand that you would feel discouraged. I hope it's an isolated incident. My thoughts will be with you.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Blues, I e-mailed you.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Thanks for all your kind words, I feel a little more positive today . The medication is to be reviewed . I hope that some reason for the event is found - but any way thanks again.

• Margie
    Margie

Hi Blues,

I just came across this thread today and I hope answering it at this late date isn't a problem. Anyhow, I had ideopathic epilepsy as a child and had petit mal seizures. I was on phenobarbitol from age 8 until age 13. Fortunately, the seizures stopped once I was medicated and I "grew out" of the condition. I understand that the form of epilepsy I had is treated with different medication today and that those treated the with phenobarbitol went on to develop psychological problems (of which I have plenty) at a higher rate than the general population. LOL, draw your own conclusions.

Anyway, I hope that you are doing well now. More is being learned all the time about the treatment of epilepsy.

Yours,

Margie

• glitter
    glitter

One of our neighbours has epilepsy and a couple of years ago literally every other week we were down at his house looking after the children while he got rushed to hospital.

Last year he had a brain operation, and apart from slight memory loss from around the time of the op he is *unrecognizable* now - he's about as close as possible to normal now; he just takes his medicine - but drugs hardly did anything for him before, he still had fits daily.

It's drastic, but the results were incredible in his case.

• avishai
    avishai

I have anywhere from one to 50 simple partial seizures a day. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/55997/1.ashx

I'm on trileptal, I'm on disability and waiting for social security to kick in, and i totally understand the feelings of uselessness. It's killing me because I'm missing my stepsons soccer game today as I don't really feel like flopping around in front of a bunch of other parents. Today in particular has been pretty bad.

Oh well. What do you call a bunch of epileptics in a Garden?

Seizure salad.

((((bluesbrother))))).

• avishai
    avishai

The poster "rabbit" has epilepsy also.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit