Can disassociated ones get reinstated without proving repentance?

by maksutov 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    One brother also moaned about DA'd brothers or sisters walking straight back to the WTS, saying something along the lines of "she can do what she wants for a number of years, while we ['the faithful'] have to suffer being JWs".

ILMAO. Should have said "you've got an eternity of it to look forward to mate..rarther you than me!"

Good O.P.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Splash - "You are said to DA yourself if you do any number of things, including taking a blood transfusion."

At the rate they're going, automatic disassociating actions are gonna outnumber the disfellowshipping offenses before too long.

Hell, there'll be disassociated JWs at the Hall who might not even know it.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Methinks theocratic warfare(TM) demands an ear tickling answer.

Now we have enough proof that the JWs tell outright lies to protect the WBT$.

Simple. Let's hope those lies destroy the WBT$.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

LoveUniHateExams - "...'she can do what she wants for a number of years, while we ('the faithful') have to suffer being JWs'..."

Splash - "Should have said 'you've got an eternity of it to look forward to mate..rather you than me!'"

LOL!

Jeez, lady, if you hate it so much, why do you stay???

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Punkofnice - "Now we have enough proof that the JWs tell outright lies to protect the WBT$."

Once again, for the newbies, lurkers, and trolls...

x

...if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

maksutov, The fact is, one of my family disassociated themselves from the JWreligion.

If this relative goes back to attending, there will be the usual interrogation and a disfellowshipping due to the life style that has been led. We both know this and remain quiet for this very reason.

• sir82
    sir82

So the answer is YES, it can be done the way Mr Obrien stated, its all in who you know and what kind of game you play.

Yes, I would amend my answer with this. If you have "connections", then you could come back pretty quickly.

Of course, the same is true if you are DF'ed & have "connections" - 6 months out then bam! back in, no problem.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

In my years, I have ssen many da themselves. And a few return. Most of the returning da's, took longer to be reinstated, and even longer on getting any privileges back! It all depends on the WHY! If someone joined say the army, it may take a long time, and may never get to be much more than a seat filler. Then, there's the so called apostates, it all depends, if they were active in trying to turn others, or getting in the news etc, about what they believed. If one kept their ideals to themselves, then confessed later that they were misled. And it also depends on the body of goof balls "elders" you deal with!

Dwain

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

How's this for hypocrisy? This weeks "bible study" mentioned how Jeehoober is loyal to the superlative degree!! ( WTF?? Who talks like that?) Anyway, the point was made that Jeehobo INSTANTLY forgives repentant sinners! He doesn't hold your past sins against you!

HUH?!?!?! So if you DA or get DF'd and are repentant you should be forgiven instantly by the Elders. This is what they believe, or claim to believe. Of course they have to get all Pharisaic and decide FOR YOU what constitutes works that befit repentance.

Should people even get DF'd at all??? I say, "NO!!" DONT even confess to the Eldubs.....ever!!! It's a scam! You willingly surrender yourself to their process when you give them power over you. STOP DOING IT!

If there is a GOD, confess to them if you feel the need. That's where it ends.

For those of you wondering about how the WTBTS should handle or could possibly handle pedophiles, without the confession system, that's easy. A child comes forward, you report it to the Superior Authorities. Jeehoober can forgive the sinner, but they must pay any crime.

Go see them in prison and remind them that Jeehoober forgives them.

DD

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty
    One brother also moaned about DA'd brothers or sisters walking straight back to the WTS, saying something along the lines of "she can do what she wants for a number of years, while we ['the faithful'] have to suffer being JWs".

If the JW's would do any thinking they'd realize that the easiest way to get to paradise is for people who never learned the "truth" because their doctrine states the "unjust" will be resurrected in paradise just like all the hard working jw's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit