PROFESY + HOCUS-POCUS= Inconsistent lies

by Gerard 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Gerard
    Gerard

I just found this from http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/1874.htm

I knew there was piramideology involved in their early hocus-pocus but it seems they could not even keep that lie a consistent one!!!:

*** Thy Kingdom Come (copyright 1891) (1904 edition -- Millennial Dawn, vol 3) p.342 ***
    [Note: not available on 1993/1995/1999 CD-ROM]

So, then, if we measure backward down the "First Ascending Passage" to its junction with the "Entrance Passage," we shall have a fixed date to mark upon the downward passage. This measure is 1542 inches, and indicates the year B.C. 1542, as the date at that point. Then measuring down the "Entrance Passage" from that point, to find the distance to the entrance of the "Pit," representing the great trouble and destruction with which this age is to close, when evil will be overthrown from power, we find it to be 3416 inches, symbolizing 3416 years from the above date, B.C. 1542. This calculation shows AD. 1874 as marking the beginning of the period of trouble; for 1542 years B.C. plus 1874 years AD. equals 3416 years. Thus the Pyramid witnesses that the close of 1874 was the chronological beginning of the time of trouble such as was not since there was a nation -- no, nor ever shall be afterward. And thus it will be noted that this "Witness" fully corroborates the Bible testimony on this subject...

*** Thy Kingdom Come (copyright 1891) (1910 edition -- Studies In The Scriptures, vol. 3) p.342 ***
    [Note: not available on 1993/1995/1999 CD-ROM]

So, then, if we measure backward down the "First Ascending Passage" to its junction with the "Entrance Passage," we shall have a fixed date to mark upon the downward passage. This measure is 1542 inches, and indicates the year B.C. 1542, as the date at that point. Then measuring down the "Entrance Passage" from that point, to find the distance to the entrance of the "Pit," representing the great trouble and destruction with which this age is to close, when evil will be overthrown from power, we find it to be 3457 inches, symbolizing 3457 years from the above date, B.C. 1542. This calculation shows AD. 1915 as marking the beginning of the period of trouble; for 1542 years B.C. plus 1915 years AD. equals 3457 years. Thus the Pyramid witnesses that the close of 1914 will be the beginning of the time of trouble such as was not since there was a nation -- no, nor ever shall be afterward. And thus it will be noted that this "Witness" fully corroborates the' Bible testimony on this subject...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Damn! They literally cut-n-pasted the new numbers over the old.

I wonder how they managed to come up with two different measurements that were so different??? I can understand being off a few inches, but damn!.

• Gerard
    Gerard

The question is how they got the idea of measuring an Egiptian tomb to determine the date to the end of the world? My guess is that using mysticism helped - and still helps - recruit unsuspecting victims who meant to do good with their lives.

Gerry

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Do they still believe in this pyramid-thing?

• Buster
    Buster

Sunshine,

No they don't believe in it any more.

But as recently as 1925, Rutherford claimed that the pyramid was in such harmony with God's word that it was obvious to all that Jehovah was the architect of the Great Pyramid. As recently as the mid-30's, thye still believed that God resided in a particular constellation - because the pyramid's top pointed to it. Furthermore, Satan (who lived in the constellation pointed to by the opening of the pyramid) was responsible for all the other pyramids - he was trying to confuse true followers.

Between 1925 and 1928, an absolute reversal happened. Rutherford declared that the great pyramid was not God's work. In fact it was the greatest and subtlest deception planned and executed by none other than Satan himself.

That was quite an abrupt turn-around for a belief that had stuck for 40 years.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

..."*** Thy Kingdom Come (copyright 1891) (1910 edition -- Studies In The Scriptures, vol. 3)"....

Yeah but its not in the WATCHTOWER magazine. Everybody knows the WATCHTOWER magazinbe is the channel thru which Jehovahs spirit addresses and directs his people. Its not in the WATCHTOWER magazine....so it doesnt matter. The Channel is still infallible.

(There you go Brooklyn spies, I thought Id say it for you)

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Hahaha...the light got brighter people! It's hard to see your tape measure in the dark, thus the first miscaluclation...When I see stuff like this it just makes me sick. There must be hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions of dubs who have NO CLUE about the organizations dubious beginnings. I know I was never aware, and I know no one could ever answer me any questions about Russel. I also know that the Jehovahs Witness organization book cracked me up to no end when they started with Moses and the like as the first witnesses...uhh huh!

• JeffT
    JeffT

When I discovered this as I was doing my research, it just blew me away. First, I don't know how anybody with the brains God gave gravel could buy into it, and secondly that the WT managed to hide it from everybody so well. The Borg started out believing weird stuff and never quit.

• Dia
    Dia

What happens to the end of the world if we convert to metrics?

Uh-oh, don't look now. I think we might have missed it....damn!

lol

• hooberus
    hooberus

The Egyptians used english inches for the inside of the Pyramid and metric for the outside.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit