What Excuses Did You Have For Missing Meetings?

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

sick, tired, hungry,......?

• Matty
    Matty

I've been working late, OK?!

• whatiloveaboutwater
    whatiloveaboutwater

toast, pure taost, along with lashings of water

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

All of the above and everything else. Once you leave the WT, you don't need excuses. Just one pat answer for me does it: I just don't believe that crap anymore!

• Quotes
    Quotes

When I was a kid: "I don't feel well" or "My tummy hurts".

When I was in High School: "I have to finish a report by tomorrow"

When I was in University: "I've got way too much homework" (that worked for 4 years straight).

When I was away from home for nine weeks training for my first job: "Meetings? What's a meeting"

• whatiloveaboutwater
    whatiloveaboutwater

One elder just last week asked me why I had missed the book study. "Not feeling well?" he suggested after a moment of silence. "No, I was fine, I replied" and just looked at him straight in the eye for a few seconds. That was kind of awkward, but it was over soon enough and then he said that he would see me later anyway. Don't know what he must have thought.

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

I used to induce real asthma attacks

Is that pathetic, or what?

• rebel
    rebel

I used to say "My dog ate my homework." I know it doesn't make any sense whatsoever, but I've been using that excuse for just about everything ever since I started school, and now it just rolls off the tongue!

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

i didnt excuse myself to anyone.....like i had to ask permission not to be there?

• Amazing
    Amazing

When I stopped believing in the religion, and resigned my position, I simply stated that I was going to be away for a long time ... and I never went back, except one funeral and one wedding.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit