Escape from Paradise: a new book by Brock Talon

by Brock Talon 22 Replies latest social entertainment

• Brock Talon
    Brock Talon

After a one year gestation period, as well as an extended labor, I am finally happy to announce the birth of my latest book: Escape from Paradise.

Cigars all around!

Like any new parent, I need to get some much needed sleep now. zzzzzzzz

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Where are the Lions and the Pandas on that front cover!!! No cuddly creatures whatsoever!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Bet the new baby has your eyes and voice.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters
    Awesome! Looking forward to reading this.  
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    Best wishes on a second best seller!
  • Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

Hi BROCK! I've got Journey to God's House in my hand right now! I really liked the story of Big Tex, etc! Thanks for sharing your experiences! Look forward to your new book too! 

BF98

• Brock Talon
    Brock Talon

Village Idiot - I thought about putting the cuddly animals in my picture of paradise, but I didn't want to totally rip off the Watch Tower people. Besides, once I went there, I'd have to show couples with baskets of fruit, and waterfalls, etc. and that was too hard for my cover artist to do. Besides, if even if I did all those things, non-JWs who might want to read the book would be saying to themselves, "What the *@%#! is that all about?" and then run for the hills.

3rdgen - Yes, my "baby" does have my voice and my eyes... poor thing. I hope it will grow up to have a nice personality though...

Muddy Waters, NewYork44M - thanks so much for the well wishes. Appreciated greatly.

BlackFalcon98 - You are welcome. The fun I've had with "Journey" encouraged me to continue with "Escape." It's been readers like you (and those on this post) all that have made writing so satisfying.

I'd also like to thank Simon for administering the best JW / ex-JW site in the world. Without this site, there wouldn't be either book.

Brock Talon

• Simon
    Simon

Congrats on the book release!

• kairos
    kairos

I just ordered a copy!

Can't wait to read it.

• TableForOne
    TableForOne

I've just ordered it too.

I loved 'Journey to God's House', so I've just ordered the paperback version of 'Escape from Paradise' without even needing to read what it's about.

I already know I'll love this too.

TF1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit