Global Survey: Canadians are feeling pretty good

by Pathofthorns 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Wolfy
    Wolfy

Proud to be a Canadian!

Canada has so much diversity in it's land and population. I have to agree about Celine Dion though. she is overplayed here and when she hits the high notes it's enough to give me a headache.lol.

As a JW we are not to be patriotic. I always had a hard time with that. I was born in Canada and it only seems natural to have love and pride in the country I live in.

My thoughts:)

Wolfy

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

Hey, I LIKE Celine Dion! ROFL!

OK, we are a cool country, I admit.

If Quebec separates, we would lose all those sexy French Canadian women...

Richard

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

and need I say again - their beer's pretty good too!!!! Not to mention the snowmobiling in the winter time - beautiful country!

• Mary
    Mary

I'd really like to know where all these "surveys" are actually done, cause I've never been asked to participate in one.......I know alot of Canadians, well, people from Ontario anyway, who are NOT happy with the way things are being done.....Number 1 is the outrageous amount of taxes we have to pay here: 15% on virtually everything you buy! Plus, personal income tax is much higher than in the States. Here, once you earn $60,000+, you're taxed at 50%, plus an additional "surtax" that they ding you with.......

I would be willing to pay the high taxes if we had more to show for it, but thanks to the incompetent morons we have running the show, both our publicaly funded health care system and our education system funding, has been slashed all to hell. Ontario ranked 59th out of 60 in all of North America, as to what the government spends on education......and as for our free health care system? It's going to hell in a hand bag. I agree 100% that we should all have access to free health care, but unfortunately, our government is spending less and less and the waiting line for some pretty serious operations can stretch to months. This of course, creates an opening for the "private sector" to try and wedge their way in.........this is NOT something that Canadians want, but I can almost guarantee you that eventually it'll happen. Canada spends only 6% of it's total revenue on our publically funded health care system, the same as what the States spends on Medicare. That's pretty scary. The shortage of doctors in Canada, especially Ontario, is scary too. In my area alone, there are 18,000 without a doctor because they're all packing up and moving to the States.

The whole French/Biligualism thing is really annoying and costs billions of dollars each year. Every frigging thing you buy has to be in both English and French cause Quebec bitches about it if you don't. Funny though, in Quebec, it's French only......no English is required.........I wish they WOULD separate!!

On the up side, I think our crime level is somewhat lower than the States per capita, and I know Americans love our cigarettes and our beer (yep, our beer rocks!)...........

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

I must say, that after California, Canada is my favorite State.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit