Global Survey: Canadians are feeling pretty good

by Pathofthorns 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

For all those that think life is miserable outside of the US, Canadians are quite content to be Canadians

[url] http://www.torontostar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1035775215655&call_pageid=968332188774&col=968350116467[/url]

Canada is a feel-good country indeed in no country in the Western world do people feel better about their lives or the state of their nation, according to a just-released global survey.

Canadians also are less worried about crime, moral decline, immigration, ethnic or racial conflict and terrorism than their counterparts in the United States, Europe and Japan. Canada is the only country in the Western world where a majority voiced satisfaction with the way things were going in their own country.

Only 26 per cent of Canadians, for example, see crime as a national concern, compared with 48 per cent of Americans. And only 19 per cent of Canadians see terrorism as a threat in their own country, as compared with 50 per cent of Americans.

Path

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

As a Canadian I can truthfully say we are a nice bunch of eggs.

Love the Canadaian Orangefatcat.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Now if only something can be done about Celine Dion.....

Expatbrit

• Scully
    Scully

Expatbrit writes:

Now if only something can be done about Celine Dion.....

Well, we could let Quebec separate..... then she wouldn't be a citizen anymore.... besides she's living in Vegas now.... so we know where NOT to go on vacation.

Love, Scully

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    Well, we could let Quebec separate..... then she wouldn't be a citizen anymore

Hell, last time there was a referendum I drove to Quebec especially with a truckload of "Oui" votes, for that very reason.

And thanks for the reminder about Vegas. I'm rerouting my Winter trip plans accordingly.

Expatbrit

• mouthy
    mouthy

I think Celine is super!!!!Here is a gal-who was very poor who made it rich,just with a God given talent....As for being Canadian ........Its the best Country in the world.... Who says?????ME!!!!

I moved to Ontario from Montreal because we thought they were going to seperate,. I was fooled.But it is the best thing I have done apart from leaving the "Borg"

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Mouthy

I'm going to agree with every word you said.

As for celine she might be over-played on the radio but she sure has a great voice

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

I thought she made it rich by having it off with Rene'.

Expatbrit (quite a nasty person when you get to know him)

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

And they don't care about paying taxes on 160 or so items because they get free medical care! Of course, you have to wait in line, which means you have a better chance of dying before it's your turn. Where would they be without their favorite past time, hockey?

Guest 77

• Simon
    Simon

I want to be Canadian !

I suspect if you did something about Celine Dion and Quebec that the satisfaction rating would have been much higher.

Oh, and get Shania back !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit