Pain

by MrMoe 20 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel
    rebel

When my daughter died, I was made to feel as if I had no faith because I felt I couldn't go on. I used to feel ashamed cos all I just wanted to do was roll up in a ball and scream. I felt I shouldn't show any emotion because that showed a lack of faith in the resurrection. I remember one elder saying that it was showing my other children that I was weak to 'carry on in such a way' - I was only grieving and my children knew that - they weren't stupid. I just felt as if my world had ended (still do sometimes) but they didn't understand - I was told I should just have been grateful for the fact that I would see her one day - but I want to see her now and they don't realise how much it hurts. I sometimes think some elders have ice running through their veins.

xxR

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

(((Rebel))) I am so sorry.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Rebel, I am sorry for your loss, that has to be the worst pain a person can go thru. I too, would go into a ball and never come up . That is natural, but the WT and JW's in general think it is weak to mourn,,,,,,,,,, I didnt mourn for my mom when she died for years,,, I numbed myself out so to speak and ignored my real pain. Boy did it hit me later thou . The JW's elders are nothig but bastards, sorry for the language, but they hurt more than they have ever helped. THey seem to revel in others pain and stick red hot pokers in your wounds. I have said this at least four times this week in other threads,,,,,,,,,,,,, come judgement day, they have alot to be accountable for. I hope I get to see them get theirs. If I would have stayed a JW, it would have come down to me slapping the holy hog water out of someone...... they just stayed on my ass about the most petty things,,,,,,, never taking into account sick children, possibly dying children, memories of things in the past that still hurt, depression, the whole experience we can life,,,,,, they never understood.

To heck with the JW's I am with Moe on this one,,,,,,, I get angry at them all over again when I hear how they hurt us all, especially ones like you Rebel who lost a child. To heck with them all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many hugs to you and for your precious daughter, and other children, I have to believe we will see our loved ones again,,,,,,,,,, somewhere. Maybe she is already there, maybe that is why you have had the strength to go on,,,,,,,,, because the elders sure are not to be given credit for it, they only want to rip you apart it seems.

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance
    Pain is familiar to all of us. Might as well learn to embrace it.

Wow, I agree with this statement. Your're one smart person! Pain is a part of everyone of us. It's very sad that we're taught from day one to hate a part of ourselves. Only if we embrace all parts of ourselves, even the uncomfortable feelings, can we be whole.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

I waited

Oh how bland the world doth seem

When viewed next to Elysians fields

And this life, O how fleeting and brief

When set against all of eternity

For hope is a lover canst thou see

Which forever lies beyond our reach

For favors promised we purchase wait

With lifes fabric, time, we gladly pay

Till one day the garment be truly gone

And naked we stand, truly alone

So with regret we breathe a sigh

She never came and now I must die

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

That is one hell of a post. I hope more people read it. It sure captures the feeling well.

Path

• jack2
    jack2

"What's you plan?/ My plan is pain/ When will you leave?/ I'll never go away". B. Taupin

Very true Moe - good post, and not much I can add except that I do hope your pain, and the pain of others, will one day be gone.

Edited by - jack2 on 5 December 2002 11:46:2

• rebel
    rebel

Thanks for your thoughts LyinEyes and Vivamus,

In fairness, most of the bros and sis were very supportive and loving. The elders tried to understand but they had to appear to be strong I suppose. It was one elder in particular that really got me - he thought I was some sort of freak cos I couldn't get it together for so long (he still thinks I am a freak). I really long to see her and hold her and, at least with a resurrection hope, there is that possibility. Without the 'Truth', what hope is there for dead loved ones? Will we ever be with them again? I can't believe something so beautiful can just go and never come back. That is the one doubt I have in my mind about leaving the JWs - the fact that they seem to have the correct teaching as to what happens when we die - I don't want to risk losing the chance of seeing her again.

• gumby
    gumby

Hey Moe,

I REALLY enjoyed what you wrote. It sounded like myself. I still feel what you feel about your families opinion of you. I smoke and STILL feel guilty if a dub were to see me.Why? Who gives a shit what they think? I do Why? Who the hell knows!

I have a real problem with those worthless baldheaded, shit in their pants, dirty bastards who reside in bethel who promotes this SHIT! I really do. I have a hard time that they exist and are not stopped. I think if we knew all the harm they have caused we would go ballistic.

Thanks for laying it all out as you did. I think you spoke for many here.

Gumby

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

((Rebel)), I do not know what happens with people when they have died. I know what you say about wanting to see them, holding their hands, smiling into their eyes. I long to see them again, those I have lost. I take comfort in this, as long as we remember, they live. You remember your daughter, and as such, she still lives. She as touched your life, and the lives of others, she has made an impact. By remembering, you keep her in your heart. It's eternity of some sorts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit