I Find This "Humerus" ( ad1914.com )

by Gilgamesh 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

Raised in the religion, I honestly didn't think too much about this level of gratuitous detail, gleefully picked over by fellow believers; nor did I reflect upon the inordinate lack of empathy indicated by the very routinized picking over of the details of cleaning up the mountainous bones of other humans which would make Hitler's Germany puny by contrast.

If I had felt any empathy, it would have been swiftly doused by the counter-thought that Jehovah only kills those who deserve to be killed and the blame for killing innocent children  laid squarely at the feet of ungodly, selfish parents.

Little wonder I could sleep easy believing in Biblical violence towards all but the faithful.

I do not know at what age I first became consciously disturbed by the organizational relish of massive human destruction. All I know is that such disturbance grew further still when it dawned on me that religion poisons compassion and distorts and tears apart normal family bonds of love and that many, many religionists are actually proud of the fact that their religion does so.

It can still astonish me that my otherwise decent and loving JW grandparents and parents could believe  in and zealously promote an organization that peddled such inhumane glee over humankind's destruction. It is only then I realize that the gulf that separates me from my JW heritage is but a tiny number of active brain cells and I could have so readily still counted myself as an ardent believer in the justifiable worldwide destruction of all humans and their dependents who dared to lack belief in the Watchtower, Bible and Tract Society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit