oppostate

/
    These are all baseless accusations!
    Rumors I say, vicious rumors!
    When's my flight out of here?

• sir82
    sir82

$1000 fine for not showing?

Peanuts for the GB. They'd gladly pay $50,000 or even $100,000 to avoid testimony.

Well, so much for the idea of a GB member on the stand. It was fun while it lasted.

• Splash
    Splash

They already paid $10,500,000 to protect Losche from taking the stand.

This was the punitive judgement element of a $13,500,000 abuse payout against the WTB&TS.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    oppostate13 hours ago

/
    These are all baseless accusations!
    Rumors I say, vicious rumors!
    When's my flight out of here?

I had to laugh at this!

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle
    Is he an Australian citizen? Is that why he is being singled out as opposed to other GB members?
  • clarity
    clarity

"
    This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. (1 John 3:16-18)"

Guess the gb members are too big for their britches! HHmmmm ....maybe they are wearing those tight pants Tony M talks about!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen
    Sir82, My point exactly.
  • flamegrilled
    flamegrilled
    The $1000 is irrelevant. If they issue a summons and he refuses, the press and many websites will have a field day.
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

A team of wild horses couldn't keep the apostle Paul out of the court system: Acts 25:11 "If I am really a wrongdoer and have committed anything deserving....I appeal to Caesar!"

Acts 28:19 "....I was compelled to appeal to Caesar!"

Not so with the chicken-shit WT GB Geoffrey Jackson....he could give a rat's ass about defending his faith in a public forum.....What's he got to hide?

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r

These are the possible outcomes I can see:

Case 1: He testifies and makes a fool out of himself - bad publicity. Most JWs will not know what was actually said and can dismiss news articles as lies by Satan's media

Case 2: He testifies and nothing "damaging" is said - unaltered publicity. Same outcome as if he never testified.

Case 3: He testifies and smooth talks the RC - OK publicity. JWs nods along to his words and the watchtower (to the JWs) is absolved of any pedophile protection accusation(they are eager to swallow any explanation given by the GB).

Case 4: He flees the country - very bad publicity. Hard for JWs to explain away if they learn about it, maybe; he must have had his reasons etc...

Case 5: McClellan lets him go for compassionate reasons or otherwise - unaltered publicity. Same as if he was never called to testify.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit