Word is Spreading.......

by metatron 17 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

(((((((((((Frenchy!)))))))))))))))

Howdy Cajun Boy! So glad to see a friendly name (not that there's not many of them here!)

My husband & I talk more than we used to. I think the further you get away from the WT, the more you speak up, without major hostility. I've had the opportunity to speak with about 5 ministers now - and they're interested in knowing more about JW's.

I think that's neat - because ministers have their own congregations to talk with, to warn - with specifics. Tell one - they speak to a hundred. One Methodist minister is head over a large church, and has a cult class for any who want to learn about cults. But he doesn't really know too much about JW's, just that they're a cult. It's been interesting to talk with him. But he's still a minister, wanting us to come to services......will refrain for the time being, thank you.

How are you & family doing? Hope all's well - and weather below 90 degrees?

waiting

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Hello, waiting.

We're all doing fine, thanks. It's starting to get cold down here! BRRRRR... in the 40's Smile.

I hope that you and yours are doing well.

I know what you mean about ministers. They're all recruiters.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Hi Frenchy... Nice to see u here now and again and I found your comments interesting.

I would not be surprised that in nearly every single congregation there must be one or two at least that have typed "Jehovah's Witnesses" into a search engine and would have to assume there are strong undercurrents of quiet doubt.

There seems to be an increasing familiarity with "apostate viewpoints" and people that are just "disappearing" because of the "internet". At the same time it would appear many JW's are deliberately choosing to be ignorant of these things and would sooner dismiss everything as "apostate lies" than to actually stop and think.

I am beginning to wonder if most of the thinking and open-minded persons have already left or are in the process of doing so. From what I have seen lately, elders are increasingly cold company men having less tolerance and compassion and the r&f are more and more plagued with mental/emotional difficulties and lacking any ability to reason.

I had hoped for more of an exodus and I had thought more would see things for what they really are, but I see this as less and less of a possibility.

Path

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Hello, Path. Its nice to see you too.

***From what I have seen lately, elders are increasingly cold company men having less tolerance and compassion and the r&f are more and more plagued with mental/emotional difficulties and lacking any ability to reason.
    I had hoped for more of an exodus and I had thought more would see things for what they really are, but I see this as less and less of a possibility.***

I think youre right. A friend of mine who has for some time now been troubled with his perception of the truth and what he now sees as the reality of the matter is moving toward his crisis where he will have to make a choice. Without any prompting from me, he told me that it was becoming more and more difficult for him to continue going to the hall. This guy is a ministerial servant. Those that stay are those that would not leave even if the GB looted the coffers and ran off to some tropical island with four women each. Smile. They would hang around and wait for an explanation and then would go on about their business as usual.

• Simon
    Simon

Hey Frenchy ... nice to see you again !

We've found that people are often very interested in what the JWs do and how they treat people and the typical reactions are "well, wait till they come to MY door " (esp. over the child abuse issues and blood policy concerning children)

They have to spend hundreds or thousands of hours to get a recruit ... we only have to warn people!

I can see it getting more and more difficult for reasonable people to remain in the WTS as they get increasingly hard-line to put a stop to defectors.

No, they will not all leave and there may not be an exodus ... but the best people will go and leave the fanatics behind.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Maybe the internet is creating a new bread of apostate. Perhaps the old, pre-internet xjw just quietly bore his/her negativity, without speaking against the wt, because there was always the thought lurking that maybe the wt could be right after all. They felt like they were alone in there predicament, so it might be themselves at fault.

The internet apostate speaks without shame, shyness or doubt about his/her wt days (daze) to all he/she meets, if there is opportunity. I know that i do. Maybe this is a new wave spreading through society. The genie is out of the bottle. It ain't going back in.

SS

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

That's right! Word is spreading!!! (With a little help from my new bumper sticker)

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Hello Simon.

I read a post by Ang recently that said they dfd you. I know that if you have family still in there that this will be a problem for you and your wife. Im sorry to hear that. So far they havent gotten around to doing this to me but Im sure the day will come when they will.

*** I can see it getting more and more difficult for reasonable people to remain in the WTS as they get increasingly hard-line to put a stop to defectors.***

I think so too. I think our best shot is at those that are just beginning to study and take the time to surf the net. I think sites like yours can be instrumental in helping those see the real truth of the matter. Hardcore witnesses are afraid to visit sites that openly oppose the Society so there is little that can be done for them.

There are also a lot of people who for a long time have had lots of doubts. The internet is helpful in this instance as well. The information is out there now. Curiosity alone will make many of them look at it.

Saint:

*** . Perhaps the old, pre-internet xjw just quietly bore his/her negativity, without speaking against the wt, because there was always the thought lurking that maybe the wt could be right after all. They felt like they were alone in there predicament, so it might be themselves at fault.***

I think that is precisely the case. That is the way that most Witnesses feel when they first begin to see the problems in the organization. Since they are going to all those meetings and being told how happy everyone is and how sinful it is to questionwhat chance do they have?! With support, however, the picture changes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit