Word is Spreading.......

by metatron 17 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Some folks I work with asked if I'm a Witness

I told them I'm 'not active'. They said "You have a choice?"

I explained about how Witnesses don't have a choice to really leave and how the Watchtower has
    excommunication as a hostage arrangement to control people. I also told them about
    the Society's effort to break up families to maintain control - and about my
    experience with molestation cover-ups.

They seemed somewhat familiar with this - although I never discussed any of this stuff
    before. I don't even know why it came up.

Word is getting out. Word of mouth is a powerful force and the do-nothing, deny everything,
    change- nothing Watchtower Society can't stop it. People WILL talk, regardless.

During the '90's, the US auto manufacturers found out the hard way that private
    talk and opinion can be costly. One study suggested that one person with a 'lemon'
    car tells 17 other people about it. The Japanese worked very hard to maintain their
    automotive image of quality - and were rewarded for it.

Let the Theocrats sit in their ivory tower and luxuriate in the praise of their
    own sycophants. Let them fan themselves with all the self adulation they can gather
    from preaching about how 'faithful and discreet' they judge themselves to be.

It won't matter

because word is getting out.

metatron ( I learned the word 'sycophant' in Bethel - boy, did it apply!)

• roybatty
    roybatty
    because word is getting out.

I agree 100%! All the news coverage regarding the WT's boneheaded policies is great but nothing beats people talking. It's easy for the WT to counter bad news reports but what can they do about all of the millions of private conversations that speak badly of them every day? NOTHING!

• JH
    JH

If only the Watchtower treated it's members with dignity and respect, they wouldn't have so many angry people, who talk against them. No religion should control your life like that. Nobody is perfect and as long as a person does his best, he should never be criticized by the organization. Shunning should not exist. Instead, they should love and care for people who are weak in the "troof".

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

I can't count all the people I have talked to about my situation, all of them think the JWs are F'd up.

I feel I'm doing my part!

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Not as F-d up as my replacement! LOL Ok, maybe they tie for first.......

• Mary
    Mary

Yep, word is spreading alright........I've talked to alot of people about the pedophile problem and "worldly" people now think that the JWs are a million times worse than what they thought before.......

Hey, I wonder if we can count all this time that we spend telling everyone the real truth, on the Field Service reports!!

Hours Apostate Tracts Apostate Books Apostate Booklets Return Visits Apostate Web Sites

6 1,000 25 25 50 500

And then send them in to your local congregation!!! LOL!!

• waiting
    waiting

In sales seminars, we were always told to try very hard to appease a customer....not because we cared so much...because displeased people gripe A LOT- and it's a way to get even.

Displeased customers will tell at least 10 of people their gripe.

Pleased customers will tell 4 others.

"Advertise. Advertise. Advertise." -

Was that Rutherford? He had noooooooooo idea his slogan would turn against the Watchtower.

Btw, talk all you can to ministers. They love to hear about Jehovah's Witnesses. They've been on the receiving end of the stick for decades from them.

waiting

• Perry
    Perry

My son came to visit for Thanksgiving. He said his inactive but still believing Grandmother called my greatuncle Elder to ask what was the deal with the Dateline charges. He simply said there was nothing to it and hung up.

I bet they are getting sooo tired of lying for the society.

The word seems to be out to everyone EXCEPT the Jehovahs Witnesses. I worry for my elderly mother who still goes door to door in a community that is more and more informed about WT dangers.

I believe it is dangerous. People simply don't want that level of ignorance coming close to their families. I wish that average JW's knew what the average "householder" knew now days.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Hello waiting! How are you?

I believe that people are talking more. I know I am! I have talked to a lot of people that know how long I was an active JW. From the responses I got from them, I cant imagine them ever taking another magazine.

This is a big organization, however, and like all large entities, it moves slowly. I think that the internet has been the single, greatest influence on people learning the truth about the truth. The sad thing is that most Witnesses have been robbed of any ability to think outside the box.

Its still growing, however. Regardless of the exposure its had and all the attacks against it --its still growing.

Edited by - Frenchy on 5 December 2002 8:57:9

• minimus
    minimus

The word is spreading, and guess what? They don't care. They would rather have a smaller amount of diehards than a larger group of "lemons".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit