Ex-JW Conventions and Support Groups

by Yizuman 17 Replies latest jw friends

• borgfree
    borgfree

This is Duane Magnani's site, he sponsors the one in Oregon.

• waiting
    waiting

Thank you, borgfree, for the information.

I'll click over & visit.

waiting

• borgfree
    borgfree

I do not think Dan Hall has a web site yet but the one in CA will be in August 2003 somewhere around San Francisco. You can reach Dan at 916-776-4705.

Sometime before the CA convention, Lori and Keith MacGregor will put the information on their web site.

• Valis
    Valis

Let us not also forsake the gathering of ourselves together as a form of support group. Most of the XJW "support" groups are nothing but a religious replacement for the WTBTS and JWland, at least from what I have seen and read. IMO the last thing XJWs need is another ministry ministering to them, but old habits are often hard to die. That's why I'll stick to Apostafests for any needed spiritual food and or guidance.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• borgfree
    borgfree

Valis,

My experience with support groups has been different from what you describe:

Most of the XJW "support" groups are nothing but a religious replacement for the WTBTS and JWland

I have been to groups in Columbus, Ohio, Indianapolis, Indiana, St. Jacobs, Ontario, Canada, and our own at Greenville, Ohio.

For the most part people give their own stories, talk about whatever they need, or want, to talk about, and everyone listens. For many people what they really need, is for someone to just listen to them.

I will admit that most of the people at the support groups I have been to, are Christian, but the topics have been about the same as you would find on this board, with a few exceptions. Christianity and the bible are sometimes discussed, but so are JW teachings, and other subjects.

If you are looking for a place where Christian beliefs are banned, then you would probably not want to be at ex-jw support groups. If you do not mind discussing Christianity along with other topics then I think you will enjoy them.

Borgfree

• Valis
    Valis

borgfree...I don't mind discussing christianity, I really just find most of it boring, out of date, and of little relevance to my life. It would be cool if there were such a convention that was merely an extension of this board, rather than one surrounded by religious topics, like the one in Pennsylvania recently was. Even the pictures revealed that most of what was happening espoused one christian theme or another, not to mention the program. As well, the websites in this URL are "ministries" and another example of what I'm talking about....on a side note...if there were a convention that was kind of like an extension of this board we might get stuck listening to talks about "What's you're favorite color" or even worse...some old codger/elder like Farkel would get up and rail upon us about pizza toppings...*LOL*...I'm glad those orgs exist, but I still think they are mere replacements for the structure of JWland. Just my opinion.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• mouthy
    mouthy

Valis!!!! How dare you say my support group is like the WT..Bah! Humbug!!!!!!!

Your missing a wonderful family if your too scared to go to Pa. It is the most refreshing time.LOTS! of laughs .Yes !darling Brummie some tears also. Just the stories of what the Wolves in Sheeps clothing did to them...

Borgfree-----I love to see you there ( wink,wink) I bet you look for me too.(barf,barf, )

I have been to Apostfests in Toronto- Woodstock. Atlanta ,Chicago, Conn: Ohio, ST JACOBS(ours)

As for the book stalls that are at PA -I bring back tons of the books to distribute to the new ones just out...... Jean Easons Book is a real healer " A Jehovahs Witness Finds The Truth" besides the 15 Crises of Conscience books I have placed( going to send my service report to Bethel)

I also "place a lot of Joan Cetnars book "To Jehovahs Witnesses Who Love the Truth.

That book has copies of the Watch Towers that prophesied False things. like 1975- organ transplants , etc,etc, & it it only $5.00...

I have so much fun at all these groups. BRCI is more of a teaching group.Pa is more of a healing group......

O.K. Valis.... Dont YOU tell me where to go!!!!!!! lol ( ducking from his fist...)

• borgfree
    borgfree

Of course I look for you there Grace. You must try to go to Calif. next year.

Sometime I plan to come to your support group again, it depends a lot on Allens work schedule.

We will try those Cuban cigars next time we are there.

Borgfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit