Crisis of Conscience

by FreeGirl2006 11 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

Do you think that any of the clueless, amnesiacs that appeared before the RC will have a crisis of conscience over the abuse situation? Seriously, with the grilling they received from our new heroes, they would have to be sociopaths not to do some long hard thinking about the lack of empathy and compassion the borg displays as a top down policy towards abuse victims.

I can understand these idiots not having an awakening within the confines of their daily lives since they stay cloistered in their belief system, but the RC forced them into the real world with their questions and one would hope, made them think.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    I think that typically the more people are forced to defend a belief, the more entrenched in it they often become. I think most of them will probably walk away content to see this as persecution for upholding god's righteous standards and give it no further consideration.
  • FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006
    Sadly, I think you are right OneEyed. I just yearn for these people to discover their humanity since I have family firmly entrenched in the borg.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

one would hope, made them think.

Those that wake up have a sense of justice and compassion in them. That's why many of us are here because we just couldn't take it anymore.

If any of those persons have any sense of decency, they will start waking up.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Crisis of Cognitive Dissonance is more like it
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Cult members are not mindless drones, despite what we joke about here. I think we tend to be over the top with jokes because most of us were once there, and we still have loved ones who are there. Changes and forced hard looks have made many of us wake up.

Of course the odds are high that some elders will look at how they were grilled and how the lawyers and the public see what was done, and decide that something is wrong with Watchtower business as usual.

I relate as one who woke up, not by rigorously defending Watchtower policy, but by tiring of that policy chipping away at my core. I can imagine someone slapped in the face by policy. While I know most will not wake up, it's hard for me to imagine an elder not taking a serious look at WTF he is defending.

• Brighid
    Brighid
    I got the feeling that one or two of the elders was probably thinking, why am I taking the hard fall for just following orders. And that they didn't personally feel very good about having to defend the WT's indefensible policy. Maybe it was just wishful thinking but there was one that looked like he truly did have some personal regrets about his part in how it was handled. I'd like to believe that there's some human compassion somewhere left in the organization... somewhere. somehow.
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped
    I would LOVE to know what that one red faced elder thinks now that he was put on the stand and embarrassed over not caring for any kids outside the Borg. If that didn't shake him to the core and open his eyes I don't know what it could take. He got destroyed on the stand and looked a fool. I hope it pays off in his daily life and opens his eyes to the other 8 billion (or whatever the number) people that live on this earth.
  • umbertoecho
    umbertoecho
    dubstepped. That was a good one wasn't it. I had not thought about this line of questioning at all. I was too intent upon the WT within. When the questioning led this elder to the logical conclusion that they were in effect endangering not only their own children but the children of other people "worldly children at that". It was a terrific moment.
  • millie210
    millie210

I am of the opinion that if you embarrass a person they will not examine the conversation in their minds.

Where there is no examination there are no new conclusions.

It was not the intent of the RC to embarrass and they went out of their way to give dignity to the Witnesses but I dont think that is how the elders left there feeling about themselves, hence no learining.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit