Not Exactly "Announcing" Jehovah's Ki...

by BeautifulGarbage 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Mum
    Mum

Hi, BG. I became a regular "publisher" in 1963. At that time we did not say we were Jehovah's witnesses at the door. In the late 1960's, however, we started something new: we began saying something like, "My name is _______, and I am one of Jehovah's witnesses." Now it may be that the r&f have been told to go back to the older way. It's that "new-light strobe light" thing.

Regards,

SandraC

• searcher
    searcher

Edited by - searcher on 4 December 2002 9:45:26

• Roddy
    Roddy

Andee >>When my Grandmother went door to door she PROUDLY proclaimed what she was, and who she represented. Granted this was in the late 60's, and perhaps JWs hadn't gotten the bothersome reputation they find themselves saddled with now. Even when my JW schoolmate and I would go out in service we would make clear who we were. How things have changed. <<

Hmm, you're right! It was eased in so slowly that I haven't noticed. I remember how we used to really proclaim Jehovah's Kingdom and really get the literature and the message in their faces.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Hello everyone!

Gumby: Yeah, "bible students"....blech!

Nilfun: "otherwise they'd never open the door". Neighbors, eh? If they were my neighbors, they would have seen the front of my house lit up like the Las Vegas strip with Christmas lights!

Athanasius:

they might mistake us for Mormon missionaries and try to hide the coffee.

LOL! Now there's a conversion tool to get Mormons to become JWs. "Become a JW You can keep your belief in Jesus and drink your coffee too!"

Freedom96: And you still get to count the time!

out4good3:

If they were walking any slower they would've been moving backwards

Mean while the clock is tickin'

Big Tex: No million dollars, but you get a "chance" a petting a lion and maybe driving your rich neighbor's car (hopefully THAT won't be destroyed).

Minimus:

Since they didn't preach the good news of Jehovah's kingdom, they are BLOODGUILTY! They should have given you all the necessary information so that you could attain the "mark" of salvation. If this was your ONLY opportunity to get a real witness, you might now, just have to die, as well as those lazy watchmen.

I never thought about it that way! LOL I mean that visit cannot possibly "count" towards preaching to everyone, everywhere. They didn't even tell me who they were! There goes my chance at petting lions!

Mum:

It's that "new-light strobe light" thing.

LOL @ strobe!

Searcher:

I did read your comments before you edited. I just wish I could remember what you posted!

Roddy:

It's that strobe light thing like Mum mentioned.

Dannybear:

When I made that "not much" comment, she paused a fraction of a second. In the past, when I had the "pleasure" of JWs at my door, I would either make some disgusting wisecrack, ("I'd eat my spleen before being a JW") or I would tear into them because of my anger about my family being shunned. Those actions, of course, would only result in a quick retreat on their part.

The main reason that I didn't accept that book was because I didn't want to feel obligated for her to return. Yes, even if I had taken it, I could have still told her to piss off, but I'm human and those techniques are powerful. My attitude has changed greatly these last couple of years towards JWs. I have released much of my hostility, and now I mostly feel pity towards them. The life a jw, especially a woman, is one of quiet desperation because the ONLY worth they, themselves, have is selling mags and going door to door. There is no "grooming" for MS or elder for females.

To Danny's Edit:

Oh man! I'll try and let you down easy on this one, Danny. The pic is not of me, it's of Courtney Love. She's a rock star and actress (I am assuming you don't know this). However, all is not lost, the attitude displayed is PURE ME!

Andee

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Beautiful,

Of course it's Courtney Love, ahehem I knew that! I am getting old eh? And I do believe 'the attitude' part.

I think what your refering to is 'mellowing'.....me to.....in fact when they come to our door, I don't even answer anymore, I know how much they are hoping no one answer's, so I accomodate them. The last time they were here, they pulled up in our driveway, left the engine running, talked for about 5 min. then two of them apporached the door and left a tract, knocked ever so lightly.

Sat in thier car for another 5min and then drove away. I could tell it was one of those car groups made up of 'favorite service partner's', you remember them, they were the most fun, alway's ready to stop for donuts, break early for lunch...........

We can read them like a book.

Danny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit