I "won" COC in ebay auction

by outbackaussie 11 Replies latest jw friends

• outbackaussie
    outbackaussie

I am pretty darn happy, I got the book for $13AUD which is about $6.50 in USD, so I am looking forward to getting it and having a read. I talked to my mum about it today and she is interested in having a look too. (she is still in, but largely inactive) I know many here have read it, is it worth the look? or are there better books I could be seeking?

• Celia
    Celia

Hopefully it's the fourth edition.... up to date...

• kelpie
    kelpie

I have started reading it and I love it!

It is opening my eyes to alot of things

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

any edition is a good edition

I recommend that book highly. It will open you eyes to the workings of the GB and WTBTS.

I couldn't put it down once I started reading it.

Happy reading.

j2bf

• shera
    shera

I'm going to be sending away for one,what should I look for,to make sure I get the up to date one?Thanks

• out4good3
    out4good3

I just finished reading the book on loan from the library about a month ago. Couldn't put it down. Had a twinlking thought of not returning it but felt that that would be like imitating all the JWs who deface any literature that speaks ill of the organization.

Great Read!!!!

• Celia
    Celia

Just ask for the 4th. edition, published in 2002.

And yes, Crisis of conscience is worth reading. It will blow your mind

• Shakita
    Shakita

My husband and I read the 3rd edition of COC. We were stunned by what we read. If you are a JW when reading this, you will never look at the org. the same way again. It was life changing for the both of us.

I suggest reading In Search of Christain Freedom by Ray Franz, also.

Mrs. Shakita

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Hi Outback,

COC is a great book. First read it in the spring of 1984. Was out by September of that year. There is no way a JW can read this book and honestly stay in the Watch Tower. You may also want to read Jim Penton's Apocalypse Delayed.

Sincerely,

Athanasius

• shera
    shera

O.k,thanks Celia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit