Any university students?

by happysunshine 19 Replies latest jw friends

• happysunshine
    happysunshine

Any college/university students here? Where do you go, what are you taking, and hows your experience so far? Don't be shy! -J

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

SCSU (St Cloud State University-in St. Cloud Minnesota, how clever eh?) GO HUSKIES---er something...

I am majoring in communication arts and literature, which translates into I will be getting a 5-12 teaching licence and will be teaching high school english/lit/speech classes.

Frankly I love college. Aside from the ulcers I have gotten around midterm and finals weeks (I bring it on myself don't cry for me) it's been great! I have met all sorts of great people, taken all sorts of thought provoking classes. I love it. I think I will probably miss it when I graduate, even tho I want out so bad right now. But that's the way it goes!

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Yes! Almost done.....

I am now going to National University (night school- hurray!) Before that I went to Fresno City College, Fresno State, and Sacramento State.

I love college. I tend to have Waaaaaaaaaay to much fun and thats why im still IN college!

• Mary
    Mary

Yep, me..........I go part time and am half way through getting my bachelor's degree........I'll be attending again as soon as my radiation is finished. Not sure what I'm going through for but I'm leaning towards a degree in Archeology........

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

I am a chemistry major at The College of Notre Dame of Maryland and I love it!

• AGuest
    AGuest

I've been "full-time" since Fall 2000 (started at CSU Sacto; at CSU Hayward since Summer 2002). I am an English major (I LOVE words, can you tell?!)... changed from a Communications major (What, communications? Shelby?!!)

I LOVE school... because it... well, "scratches" my brain (yes, my brain "itches", kind of. To "know"... well, stuff). And quite contrary to the WTBTS false teaching, it has NOT turned me away from JAH... but has actually resolved a few questions I've had regarding... well, stuff.

Any-hoo...

Peace!

SJ

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan

Yeah!!! Fresno State represent!!! I'm out here in California finishing up my BA in Art history with a minor in Japanese. ^_^ I was always a firm believer in actually getting my education so I wasn't going to end up A: cleaning houses or B: working in a restaurant or C: on welfare. ^_^

• La Capra
    La Capra

I am just now approaching my first midterms in my first year of law school, in Northern California. My first one is one week from tonight.

I got my bachelor's degree in music in 1991 ( I dumped the dubs in 1987 in order to go to school without their pressure) at Sonoma State University. Go Cossacks (its Sea Wolves now).

I got my single subject teaching credential at Dominican College (its run by nuns!) in 1992 and have been teaching high school (math) full time ever since.

Going back to school this fall has been stressful, exciting, and for the first time in my life I feel completely and totally alive and free from the cult I was raised in. I didn't before when I was going through my undergraduate studies because it was all still too fresh. I was seeing everything in front of me from a wounded, threatened and outsider viewpoint.

I will be taking (and passing the first time!) the Bar exam nearly exactly 19 years after I left the cult, which I left at exactly the age of 19. An accidental time frame? No. I promised myself that when I had been out of the cult for as long as I had been in it, I would do something very incredible and powerful to celebrate. I picked passing the bar exam followed by a month on some tropical beach.

Enjoy your time in school. It's not the real world, but a fantastic ride on your way there. Good Luck in your studies.

Shoshana

• BATHORY
    BATHORY

Bachelor masters degree in chem major, physics minor. ( 6 years.....wow that long !! )

focus on organic synthesis and bioactive natural products.

Also structure / activity relationship / efficacy ( lock n key stuff )

went for the chics and found out i was sorta smart.

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

I'm majoring in Spanish at Arizona State University. I graduate with a BA on the 19th of this month at the age of 53. Yea! I've enjoyed it so much that I'm going to do my masters in Spanish linguistics. I applied for a Fulbright grant hoping I can do my masters in Mexico. Wish me luck. Did I say luck? yes, luck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit